Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Singles thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

#pickles :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Evening. How is everyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

eternal wrote: »
    No need to wait at all.

Harder when we're all single!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Newly single......hello everyone!

Gillo wrote: »
    Harder when we're all single!

Very true that.
    368100 wrote: »
    Newly single......hello everyone!

Hello, and welcome :)

Hello and how are you?

Good thanks AS. And yourself?

All good here, how's the studying going?

Not bad so far. Roll on June 9th and I'll be free for the while :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Hi auto and treb. Hope all is well. I had a sh1t day but relaxing with some alcohol now.

• Advertisement

Howdy MG. That's a shame you had a bad day. The Sunday blues are kicking in with me :/

I haven't left the house all day. Feels like I wasted the weekend.

I wasn't out too much either. I guess the studying kept me going. That plus having my niece and nephew from morning to teatime today.

mg1982 wrote: »
    Hi auto and treb. Hope all is well. I had a sh1t day but relaxing with some alcohol now.

Sending positive thoughts your way :)

Trebor176 wrote: »
    I wasn't out too much either. I guess the studying kept me going. That plus having my niece and nephew from morning to teatime today.

How old are they?

Autosport wrote: »
    How old are they?

Eight and five respectively.

Eight and five respectively.

And do you spoil them?

#justsaying #dontmakememad :D

And do you spoil them?

I keep them entertained as much as I can :)

• Advertisement

I keep them entertained as much as I can :)

Are you the cool uncle ;)

I bring my friends child to the cinema, great for going to kids films ;) I think I'm a bigger child than her :D she loves our dates though, I pick her up and buy her all the sweeties she's not supposed to have :D our secret ;) she's 8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

How's gang tonight?!

I was on date today. Was awesome! Looks like this one might be serious, fingers crossed. Spent 5h talking and laughing hehe. Very relaxed and fun night. Now I am back in town with staff and ex staff night out.
    Haven't slept last night at home again and looks like I won't be visiting my home tonight again lol.

Are you the cool uncle ;)

I bring my friends child to the cinema, great for going to kids films ;) I think I'm a bigger child than her :D she loves our dates though, I pick her up and buy her all the sweeties she's not supposed to have :D our secret ;) she's 8

I hope they see me as that :p My other nephew loves being entertained as well. I can be a bit of a messer, but they love it :)

How's gang tonight?!

I was on date today. Was awesome! Looks like this one might be serious, fingers crossed. Spent 5h talking and laughing hehe. Very relaxed and fun night. Now I am back in town with staff and ex staff night out.
    Haven't slept last night at home again and looks like I won't be visiting my home tonight again lol.

Sounds like it went well SH. Hopefully there be more to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

Go SH :) Rooting for ya ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

Looks like our shadow will be leaving us soon :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I'll still post here when I'm married. Like that'll ever happen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

I'm all dirty and wet :pac: hehehe

I'll still post here when I'm married. Like that'll ever happen!

Why say that E, do you not believe there's a suitable man out there for you?

Where are these men you speak of?

Course I do, I'm only messing.

• Advertisement

Where are these men you speak of?

Depends on what your looking for in a man. I'm sure there's some down Kilkenny way.

There's someone for everyone, as they say :) So, where the feck is she?

Along with being called a mental case I don't fancy half the men who ask me out.

its ok eternal...if we're both single by the time we're 30, lets make a pact to marry each other ;)

its ok eternal...if we're both single by the time we're 30, lets make a pact to marry each other ;)

Too late. I'm well past that. Bless my young head.

Depends on what your looking for in a man. I'm sure there's some down Kilkenny way.

Who said anything about me wanting someone from Kilkenny ;)

Who said anything about me wanting someone from Kilkenny ;)

Sure if you can't find one in Kilkenny you can always try sligo. ;-)

I got kicked off Beautiful People twice and I think it's a set up. So I'm planning on using a photo of someone who can in no way be not seen as stunning and I will use it to see what happens. I won't use the account obviously if accepted. I've seen the guys on it and I wouldn't consider any of them to be above average attractiveness. I got exactly the same results both times and when I logged in the votes were already up ten seconds after my picture went through which is an impossibility. It's a staged site to make people think they're hot.

I got kicked off Beautiful People twice and I think it's a set up. So I'm planning on using a photo of someone who can in no way be not seen as stunning and I will use it to see what happens. I won't use the account obviously if accepted. I've seen the guys on it and I wouldn't consider any of them to be above average attractiveness. I got exactly the same results both times and when I logged in the votes were already up ten seconds after my picture went through which is an impossibility. It's a staged site to make people think they're hot.

'Beautiful people' site is full of crap that i fell for and other vulnerable insecure people have fallen for too. This site is an example of whats wrong with Western Society. The need to feel validated because of Societies brainwashing dictating whats 'beautiful' and trying to pretend its a universal depiction of beauty, where people like the Maori like fat women and the Padung like droopy breasts. Eternal, I've seen and talked to you and ur a hot intelligent lady to be reckoned with.

Everyone is beautiful :) that site sounds very staged though

• Advertisement

'Beautiful people' site is full of crap that i fell for and other vulnerable insecure people have fallen for too. This site is an example of whats wrong with Western Society. The need to feel validated because of Societies brainwashing dictating whats 'beautiful' and trying to pretend its a universal depiction of beauty, where people like the Maori like fat women and the Padung like droopy breasts. Eternal, I've seen you and ur a hot intelligent lady to be reckoned with.

I could not agree more Pm. These sites are complete bs And are only there to make people feel more insecure. Stay away from them as they are shallow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

'Beautiful people' site is full of crap that i fell for and other vulnerable insecure people have fallen for too. This site is an example of whats wrong with Western Society. The need to feel validated because of Societies brainwashing dictating whats 'beautiful' and trying to pretend its a universal depiction of beauty, where people like the Maori like fat women and the Padung like droopy breasts. Eternal, I've seen and talked to you and ur a hot intelligent lady to be reckoned with.

a lot of people measure their self worth in being wanted and being wanted means one must be good looking. its dangerous of course because nothing ever lasts in life.

Roquentin wrote: »
    a lot of people measure their self worth in being wanted and being wanted means one must be good looking. its dangerous of course because nothing ever lasts in life.

yeah western society values materialism where spirituality has been lost

I know it's shallow but I was drawn to it to see if I could catch them out. I basically need to go back to college because I have nothing to think about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

I could not agree more Pm. These sites are complete bs And are only there to make people feel more insecure. Stay away from them as they are shallow.

If you work the kinda hours I work and try fit in gym etc and shopping during the week....it leaves a very limited social life....and time for classes etc....them sites are handy for meeting people

*though that being said they are what you make of them and don't go in with high expectations....like for April I gave them a right proper go and twoz alright....but it gets draining after a while trying to make time to reply proper/start msging others.....wouldn't like to do them proper long term like!! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

yeah western society values materialism where spirituality has been lost

yea i totally agree. i think Buddhism is the way forward

If you work the kinda hours I work and try fit in gym etc and shopping during the week....it leaves a very limited social life....and time for classes etc....them sites are handy for meeting people

*though that being said they are what you make of them and don't go in with high expectations....like for April I gave them a right proper go and twoz alright....but it gets draining after a while trying to make time to reply proper/start msging others.....wouldn't like to do them proper long term like!! :)

I think he means Beautiful People. The rest of them are what are they essentially.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

I think he means Beautiful People. The rest of them are what are they essentially.

Never heard of that before

Never heard of that before

You're better off. It's basically a site where they vote you in on your looks. I got rejected twice with two totally different pictures, different hair colour, make up etc.

• Advertisement

Funny you mentioned a pact, within the last year, someone suggested I make one with her, hehe.
    Too late. I'm well past that. Bless my young head.
    Ooh, a cougar eh? ;):)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement