Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Singles thread.

Comments

Autosport wrote: »
    Evening all, How's everyone's weekend going? Went out in Waterford last night and man do I feel old :(
    We had a new receptionist start with us in work about two weeks ago. She was out with us on Friday night and she told me she was talking to one of my colleagues and couldn't believe what age he was. So I told her I'm 30 and she was like "you're not!?" She's 23 and she thought I was the same.

So I might feel old but I certainly don't look it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Karsini wrote: »
    We had a new receptionist start with us in work about two weeks ago. She was out with us on Friday night and she told me she was talking to one of my colleagues and couldn't believe what age he was. So I told her I'm 30 and she was like "you're not!?" She's 23 and she thought I was the same.

I certainly don't act my age but when you're out and your surrounded by young whipper snappers ya feel old :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Evening all, How's everyone's weekend going? Went out in Waterford last night and man do I feel old :(

:eek:
    Wonder was I talking to ya!!!

I'm over going out now at the min and over dating/msging different wans....just fed off with singleness....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

You're not along Karsini. I look around 8-10 years my junior (I'm nearly 29), so I've been told. My passport photo is around five years old, and I still look as young! Is the receptionist single? :rolleyes:

Trebor176 wrote: »
    You're not along Karsini. I look around 8-10 years my junior (I'm nearly 29), so I've been told. My passport photo is around five years old, and I still look as young! Is the receptionist single? :rolleyes:
    Haha nope! She's spoken for.

• Advertisement

:eek:
    Wonder was I talking to ya!!!

I'm over going out now at the min and over dating/msging different wans....just fed off with singleness....

No Tom I'm afraid you weren't speaking to me as no one came near us, don't think we'll be heading out in Waterford for another while.

No Tom I'm afraid you weren't speaking to me as no one came near us, don't think we'll be heading out in Waterford for another while.

:(

Why was that???
    Where'd ye head.....I'm well sick off going out drinking....needs to put a bit of effort into things again

:(

Why was that???
    Where'd ye head.....I'm well sick off going out drinking....needs to put a bit of effort into things again

Geoffs and Masons, it was an alright night, as I don't drink I was getting strange looks :D I did find the music was very loud, I like loud music but it was way too loud and that's when I realised I'm old :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Geoffs and Masons, it was an alright night, as I don't drink I was getting strange looks :D I did find the music was very loud, I like loud music but it was way too loud and that's when I realised I'm old :(

I haaaaate super loud music with a passion

And it was that dance music, my poor ears :D had to listen to rock today to cleanse my mind :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

And it was that dance music, my poor ears :D had to listen to rock today to cleanse my mind :D

You poor soul :P

I dont mind dance really, I'm an equal listener of all types of choo choons :pac:

Good stuff....think there a few Waterford people who post here drink in geoffs (I'm not cool enough :( )

Though masons is closed!??

Good stuff....think there a few Waterford people who post here drink in geoffs (I'm not cool enough :( )

Though masons is closed!??

It was the nightclub on the corner, maybe it was Ruby's.

It was the nightclub on the corner, maybe it was Ruby's.

Ruby's is gone too!!!!
    :pac:

Agh no....I'd say twoz the foundry ya meant!!:)
    Fcuking hell even I feel old at times in there

I may head to spec savers :D

I may head to spec savers :D
    Is that where all the wimmins are ;)

Agh no....all seriousness you should've gone to sinnotts....nice pub for over 23s it's aimed (and mighty craic)....nearly rather it to shortts at this stage :)

Come back to Waterford again....though I'm trying to get outta it more often

I was in Specsavers recently, and guess who I bumped into?

Everyone!

Boom tsshh!

Is that where all the wimmins are ;)

Agh no....all seriousness you should've gone to sinnotts....nice pub for over 23s it's aimed (and mighty craic)....nearly rather it to shortts at this stage :)

Come back to Waterford again....though I'm trying to get outta it more often

Well most of the girls are under 25 so majority rules and most of them are single ;)

Well most of the girls are under 25 so majority rules and most of them are single ;)

PM sent ;)

Where are all these single wimmins when I go out

Any blind/desperate wans??:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

Where bouts is sinnots tom. May head down to waterford for the Viking marathon thing.

I like the kazbar the live music upstairs.

• Advertisement

heyday30 wrote: »
    Where bouts is sinnots tom. May head down to waterford for the Viking marathon thing.

I like the kazbar the live music upstairs.

Used to be muldoons....are you entering the marathon....I'm half thinking doing the quarter/half....not bit sure though.....the way work is at the min....hard to get the training done properly

No idea what you lot are on about! :p

Pubs/clubs in Waterford :)

I'm sure it would be like us Dubs referring to The Grand Social, The Foggy Dew or the like. Would the country folk know what we'd be on about?

Trebor176 wrote: »
    I'm sure it would be like us Dubs referring to The Grand Social, The Foggy Dew or the like. Would the country folk know what we'd be on about?

True. :) Even then, I'm not much of a socialite in Dublin either so don't even know the Dublin pub scene that well.

Used to be muldoons....are you entering the marathon....I'm half thinking doing the quarter/half....not bit sure though.....the way work is at the min....hard to get the training done properly

I am in my fcuk entering the marathon lol.

Say be mighty crack in the city though. live bands around and all that

heyday30 wrote: »
    I am in my fcuk entering the marathon lol.

Say be mighty crack in the city though. live bands around and all that

Actually when is that???

Actually when is that???

27th June I think tom

For Tom ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

i did d dublin city marathon a few years back, i highly recommend it :)

i did d dublin city marathon a few years back, i highly recommend it :)

I don't think I'd be able for a full marathon for a bit yet :/
    Would love to give it a rattle sometime though.....get time to train properly is wicked hard at the min though :/

Used mainly do cycling...was going to do the Sean kelly run alright this year....but was hoping to keep it quiet like!!

For Tom ;)

ðŸ‘

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

So this is where everyone ran off to >_>

I don't think I'd be able for a full marathon for a bit yet :/
    Would love to give it a rattle sometime though.....get time to train properly is wicked hard at the min though :/

Used mainly do cycling...was going to do the Sean kelly run alright this year....but was hoping to keep it quiet like!!

Sean Kelly run?

Just saying :)

• Advertisement

This would be me, if I was running:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-LMm6zqoRg

Sean Kelly run?

Ya....it's a big cycle run every year....not a race
    Choice of 60K,100K or 160K
    Was hoping to do the 100K....if twoz on the flat I'd easy do it....but it's all hill based mainly....il have to do a lot more training....brought off the fathers van one day and met a friend of mine In Dungarvan for a cycle one day in around the nire valley and the top of the mountains....think it was around 80ish K and I was sore enough the day after it :D....but well worth it...would really recommend it.....anyone could manage the 60K

*i don't wear the Lycra though....would be too mortified (no one wants to see that either :pac: )...maybe cycle shorts under the ordinary shorts/leggings or jeans like at times

Ya....it's a big cycle run every year....not a race
    Choice of 60K,100K or 160K
    Was hoping to do the 100K....if twoz on the flat I'd easy do it....but it's all hill based mainly....il have to do a lot more training....brought off the fathers van one day and met a friend of mine In Dungarvan for a cycle one day in around the nire valley and the top of the mountains....think it was around 80ish K and I was sore enough the day after it :D....but well worth it...would really recommend it.....anyone could manage the 60K

*i don't wear the Lycra though....would be too mortified (no one wants to see that either :pac: )...maybe cycle shorts under the ordinary shorts/leggings or jeans like at times

Before I got my car over a year ago, I cycled everywhere so i think id like to do that challenge :)

Best of Luck to you :)

So questions...who is voting for the marriage right and if so what are you voting? I'm voting Yes

Before I got my car over a year ago, I cycled everywhere so i think id like to do that challenge :)

Best of Luck to you :)

So questions...who is voting for the marriage right and if so what are you voting? I'm voting Yes
    You should!!!...at least google it
    I'm trying to make time for more training..working 50-60 hr weeks at the min :/...but the 60K is easy enough....get talking to people (maybe bring a few friends???) and its over before you know it....and no one gives a fcuk about time you do etc (though I do like to keep up pace.unless I'm having right craic and a laugh...not time watching)

I'm voting alright...always do vote....il vote yes....not out of any big principle reason....but if they want to get married let them....won't affect me...there's a couple of gay couples around here who do be walking through the roadway on the farm....they seem nice enough and happy together....never even dawned on me that couldn't get married :confused:....that's how out of touch I am

Despite numerous attempts to get Kerry County Council to move my vote back to Dublin, it still hasn't happened. As I won't be in Kerry on the day, I can't do it!

• Advertisement

I always vote, I don't understand people who complain about politicians who get into power and then you ask them who they voted for and they say they didn't vote, what the hell did you expect!! Use your vote!!

We have the by elections in Kilkenny aswell as the yes/no and presidents age vote :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

I'm not sure if I will vote even though I always do for elections. Tbh it doesn't seem that important in the grand scheme of things.

mg1982 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I will vote even though I always do for elections. Tbh it doesn't seem that important in the grand scheme of things.

Oohhh walking on the wild side :D

I'll be voting yes, and sure why not? If two people want to get married, regardless of gender, then let them. If they're happy together, it's all that matters. I do know a few gay people personally that are in relationships or are engaged, and I'll be delighted for them, if this referendum is passed, which I have no doubt it will be.

mg1982 wrote: »

It kinda is important in the grand scheme of things, it shows that the nation has grown or has stayed backwards and it means so much to the couples who want equality, also if ur child was gay and they wanted to get married, it would be a big deal also

It kinda is important in the grand scheme of things, it shows that the nation has grown or has stayed backwards and it means so much to the couples who want equality, also if ur child was gay and they wanted to get married, it would be a big deal also

Yeah maybe. But sure we won't fall out over it on here. It's not the right thread to discuss it and we will have the mods on our case.

Evening all!

A strange day today. Went into work at 8am and then went down to Microsoft's HQ in Sandyford for what we thought was a technical training session. In fact it was just a sales pitch, so myself and one of the other tech guys were bored out of our tree for 5 hours! Though I thought it was cool that you could play with some of their toys in reception; laptops, tablets, phones, Xboxes and the like.

A strange day today. Went into work at 8am and then went down to Microsoft's HQ in Sandyford for what we thought was a technical training session. In fact it was just a sales pitch, so myself and one of the other tech guys were bored out of our tree for 5 hours! Though I thought it was cool that you could play with some of their toys in reception; laptops, tablets, phones, Xboxes and the like.

It was probably more exciting than my day.

How do I get a job with Microsoft. After hearing that I want a job there.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement