Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Singles thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Autosport wrote: »
    How's everyone on this fine Friday evening :)

In fine fettle. And yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Trebor176 wrote: »
    In fine fettle. And yourself?

Tired, glad it's the weekend and I'm off until Tuesday and it's the cats laugh festival :)

Tired, glad it's the weekend and I'm off until Tuesday and it's the cats laugh festival :)

I'd love to go to that sometime. Well, depending who's performing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

How's everyone on this fine Friday evening :)

I've a bloody mad weekend ahead of me, and i cannot wait :D an ol datey date tomorrow after work, work sunday and monday, dat paycheck tho :cool:

I'm like a child waiting for christmas with regards tomorrow night :D

I'd love to go to that sometime. Well, depending who's performing!

The unknown comedians are nearly always the best to see, I love the soccer match on the last day :)

• Advertisement

The unknown comedians are nearly always the best to see, I love the soccer match on the last day :)

I have been to a couple of comedy gigs. I had heard the names before, but never actually saw their routines. They were quite good. I had gone with a friend, who actually knows a few comedians through her interest in comedy and writing reviews of gigs on a couple of entertainment sites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

mg1982 wrote: »
    This pof isnt working out at all.

Same here MG. Have pretty much thrown in the towel at this point.

I have been to a couple of comedy gigs. I had heard the names before, but never actually saw their routines. They were quite good. I had gone with a friend, who actually knows a few comedians through her interest in comedy and writing reviews of gigs on a couple of entertainment sites.

I must say that for it's 21st year they didn't really advertise it, I only knew it was on as my sister works in one of the venues :)

I must say that for it's 21st year they didn't really advertise it, I only knew it was on as my sister works in one of the venues :)

The craic is always mighty, I'm sure. My friend is the expert in this area, so she'd be able to recommend certain ones to me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Same here MG. Have pretty much thrown in the towel at this point.

Its easy to get disillusioned with it allright.

• Advertisement

The craic is always mighty, I'm sure. My friend is the expert in this area, so she'd be able to recommend certain ones to me :)

Well Trebor you should have invited your friend down to Kilkenny for the comedy ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Is there any shows on in the middle of the day??

Its easy to get disillusioned with it allright.

No negativity allowed you too :P

Is there any shows on in the middle of the day??

Private or public :D teehee

The usual story. On the rare occasion a girl actually responds, the conversation is short-lived before she fecks off! I've said it before, but I fecked up with one girl, who seemed genuine and nice. Ok, the conversation didn't last too long, but if I hadn't jumped the gun a little, who knows how things might have gone. This was a few months back, and I still regret it. She was gorgeous as well.

Private or public :D teehee

:eek:

It's not Nice to laugh at private shows :P

Well Trebor you should have invited your friend down to Kilkenny for the comedy ;)

She's in a relationship, and, as a result, we haven't been in touch as much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

No negativity allowed you too :P

I'll just take it on the road so AS! :p

She's in a relationship, and, as a result, we haven't been in touch as much.

Ooh :(

The usual story. On the rare occasion a girl actually responds, the conversation is short-lived before she fecks off! I've said it before, but I fecked up with one girl, who seemed genuine and nice. Ok, the conversation didn't last too long, but if I hadn't jumped the gun a little, who knows how things might have gone. This was a few months back, and I still regret it. She was gorgeous as well.

I wouldnt overthink On it....maybe she got bored (mean this as nice as possible)...or was only msging someone else at the same time etc???

The only thing is with dating sites is there'll be another along soon....if anything there's too many people on them.....keep msging the same way as you would if twoz normal....no point pretending to be something your not....if there not interested in you as you are....well then it's not to be :)

Edit: there will be someone for you!!!

Even hitler had a lack!!! :(

(Really hope that deosnt sound knobish)

• Advertisement

I wouldnt overthink On it....maybe she got bored (mean this as nice as possible)...or was only msging someone else at the same time etc???

The only thing is with dating sites is there'll be another along soon....if anything there's too many people on them.....keep msging the same way as you would if twoz normal....no point pretending to be something your not....if there not interested in you as you are....well then it's not to be :)

Edit: there will be someone for you!!!

Even hitler had a lack!!! :(

(Really hope that deosnt sound knobish)

Ah no, I think she was genuinely busy in the end, and around the time, she didn't seem to be online much. But, I had no idea and thought I was being ignored. It didn't seem to be the case, however.

My messages are pretty straight to the point and honest/genuine. If I can add humour, I will. They have worked in those rare cases, but lately, there's been no such luck. As I said, though, I haven't been dedicating much time to messaging of late, but I will have to just start sending them out again.

You're right, though. There is someone for everyone :)

Ah no, I think she was genuinely busy in the end, and around the time, she didn't seem to be online much. But, I had no idea and thought I was being ignored. It didn't seem to be the case, however.

My messages are pretty straight to the point and honest/genuine. If I can add humour, I will. They have worked in those rare cases, but lately, there's been no such luck. As I said, though, I haven't been dedicating much time to messaging of late, but I will have to just start sending them out again.

You're right, though. There is someone for everyone :)
    That's a lot of it....everyone is soo busy lately

I know myself....that as much as I complain on being single....I dunno if I can literally make time for someone else at the min
    Between work (72 hours last week :/ ), trying to fit in gym/some exercise,farm work,very odd nixers,attending matches/hobbies....it's literally impossible to make time for it all.....though it would be nice at times to have a good reason to turn down some of the overtime

Like I do get wans saying I'm flakey etc....but I'm not a huge drinker (no time for hangovers :P )....it's very hard to meet people

Sorry for rambling

That's a lot of it....everyone is soo busy lately

I know myself....that as much as I complain on being single....I dunno if I can literally make time for someone else at the min
    Between work (72 hours last week :/ ), trying to fit in gym/some exercise,farm work,very odd nixers,attending matches/hobbies....it's literally impossible to make time for it all.....though it would be nice at times to have a good reason to turn down some of the overtime

Like I do get wans saying I'm flakey etc....but I'm not a huge drinker (no time for hangovers :P )....it's very hard to meet people

Sorry for rambling

I've been quite busy as well between work and study. Once my exam is done in less than a couple of weeks, I'll have free time after work, until the study starts again. But yes, you're right. And, there are plenty of things to be doing, rather than be spending hours trawling through dating sites, so there isn't always the time for them.

My God, you do sound busy alright, but it's really no complaint. It is a shame, though, that there's not much time for dating. Fair play to you doing all that.

I'm not a big drinker either, so I wouldn't often be at pubs, nightclubs, etc. Well, if I'm out, it would be more to the pub, but nights out aren't frequent. I hope to catch up with mates over the summer, so there should be nights out then. That plus a couple of planned work nights out :) And, I've proved I can at least attempt to chat up women in person, even if it hasn't worked out ;)

When it's the right person you will find the time :) and while we are looking we will live life to the max :D life is for living not just for working

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

TOM..thats why quickies were invented,,saves time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

What's everyone up to?

eternal wrote: »
    What's everyone up to?

Gonna put some dinner down and watch the FA cup final.

Yourself?

Still in Kerry, just my brother and nephews here at the moment.

Gonna put some dinner down and watch the FA cup final.

Yourself?

Working then watching the FA cup and more importantly, the Copa Del Rey!! Can't wait.

• Advertisement

Working then watching the FA cup and more importantly, the Copa Del Rey!! Can't wait.

Whos playing in the Copa del ray? Barca and somebody else.

Are you hitting the town tonight?

Whos playing in the Copa del ray? Barca and somebody else.

Are you hitting the town tonight?

Ath Bilbao. I don't know yet. There's a music festival on I was going to tomorrow night or else I'll head out here.

My partner said to me I'd never be anything but an elf. I'd love to shove it down his throat.

And im sure you will E.

Elves are cute anyway. ;)

And im sure you will E.

Elves are cute anyway. ;)

Santa's a great boss all the same.

Hes a jolly old fella allright.

How long were you with your previous partner?
    Sounds like it didnt end that well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

This should be your quiet time now so eternal:)

Me and the other elves took the weekend off to relax and drink elf beer together.

When we were heading out Mrs Claus said 'I didn't know it would rain-dear.'

Ho ho ho.

When we were heading out Mrs Claus said 'I didn't know it would rain-dear.'

Ho ho ho.

A career in stand up awaits E. :p

A career in stand up awaits E. :p

Appalling, I know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

Well guys what's the craic?

heyday30 wrote: »
    Well guys what's the craic?

Just watching munster getting hockeyed in the rugby.

How are you H?

Just watching munster getting hockeyed in the rugby.

How are you H?

Considering how hard you all work, especially Tom, I was hoping ye could spare some cash for me to get liposuction. Before and after pictures will be sent discreetly.

Considering how hard you all work, especially Tom, I was hoping ye could spare some cash for me to get liposuction. Before and after pictures will be sent discreetly.

Would my bank account details or credit card number suit ?

Wouldn't mind in on that liposuction deal eternal.

Surely the boys will oblige.

heyday30 wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind in on that liposuction deal eternal.

Surely the boys will oblige.

Bout time someone paid for something around here :rolleyes:

The cheque is in the post ladies.

Hope its worth it. :D

Free blowjobs for everyone when Barca win.

Hello ladies. :)

Free blowjobs for everyone when Barca win.

Ah now. Some flowers and wine first at least!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement