Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Singles thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

I'm definitely going to make the most of it, such as getting out for walks during my lunch break in work, and just making the most of the weekends in general and exercising more. I would love to take up walking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

I'm ok today

Going taking an extended break from all the dating/internet in general
    Had a falling out with my friends....and was pointed out to me by a few boardies(by PM) and by a wan I used date...met her in town there last night when I went into do some shopping....that are they really worth bothering with....when all they do is let you down/make you feel crap

Also I just generally want to improve myself abit as was just generally feeling crap etc the last few days (own fault eating waaay too much junk.was my birthday lately).....just feel it's time to kinda isolate myself abit and just be happy by myself for abit (as I've been too much in contact with people lately).....also want to get back into attending big matches/massively up the gym (hard with work/other hobbies) etc again (tipp v Lim next weekend :) )

So Emm ya....it's time to be a bit of a loner again....are ye all dating :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

I'm ok today

Had a falling out with my friends....and was pointed out to me by a few boardies(by PM) and by a wan I used date...met her in town there last night when I went into do some shopping....that are they really worth bothering with....when all they do is let you down/make you feel crap

Also I just generally want to improve myself abit as was just generally feeling crap etc the last few days (own fault eating waaay too much junk.was my birthday lately).....just feel it's time to kinda isolate myself abit and just be happy by myself for abit (as I've been too much in contact with people lately).....also want to get back into attending big matches/massively up the gym (hard with work/other hobbies) etc again (tipp v Lim next weekend :) )

I wouldn't consider anyone that made me feel like that to be a friend. Better off finding newer better friends :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

pew wrote: »
    I wouldn't consider anyone that made me feel like that to be a friend. Better off finding newer better friends :)

yeah bollocks to that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

I'm ok today

just-because-youre-struggling-doesnt-mean-failing-life-quotes-sayings-pictures.jpg

• Advertisement

Exactly....took me an embarrassingly long time to come around

Though when you work 60-70 hours most weeks and do nixers/farm work aswell...as trying to fit in a bit of exercise....it's fair hard to find time to make new friends.....but sure I'm hoping that being a bit of a loner/little to no friends Will be better than being constantly let down/treated sh1te???

Besides I used be well able to happy alone when I was younger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

Ah that's ****e Tom. Better off without them in your life if that's the case.
    My "friends" turned out to be no more than drinking buddies and two faced ones at that.

From what I know of you your a sound bloke.

I'm ok today

Ah, feck them. I think many people have had friends like that at some point in their lives. Really, those that make others feel low, especially friends or family members, should simply be tossed to one side. Obviously they have their own issues and feel they need to make others miserable.

You shouldn't feel like you're a loner. I mean, there are plenty of people out there for you to meet, and I'm sure there are others that you are in contact with, who you could probably organised something with. We're all here anyway for the banter and to offer any advice, if need be. Most importantly, we're here to listen (or read in this case), and I guess to just be there for one another.

And to answer your last question, it's a no from me. Oh don't worry. I would be sharing the joyous news, if there was mutual interest, and I finally got to date her. I'm 29 in a few days, and I really don't want to be still single by the time I'm 30, so I need to get my arse in gear!

heyday30 wrote: »
    Ah that's ****e Tom. Better off without them in your life if that's the case.
    My "friends" turned out to be no more than drinking buddies and two faced ones at that.

From what I know of you your a sound bloke.
    I feel like that alright heyday....kinda pissed off with all now (they just seem to rather getting off there heads)....this isn't temper saying this from me...this has been ongoing and finally blew up around two weeks ago and i feel it may be Time to cut them out for a few months at least

Your wicked sound btw

Trebor....you seem so much nicer/chilled even since you started posting here...you should have no bother finding someone :)

I feel like that alright heyday....kinda pissed off with all now (they just seem to rather getting off there heads)....this isn't temper saying this from me...this has been ongoing and finally blew up around two weeks ago and i feel it may be Time to cut them out for a few months at least

Your wicked sound btw

Trebor....you seem so much nicer/chilled even since you started posting here...you should have no bother finding someone :)

Thanks Tom, I appreciate that. You seem to be a sound chap as well :) I'd like to think I could find someone, but I feel it's more than just niceness with them. Well, certainly from experience. Perhaps my nervousness showed quite easily. But, the old confidence is gradually growing :)

• Advertisement

Trebor176 wrote: »
    Thanks Tom, I appreciate that. You seem to be a sound chap as well :) I'd like to think I could find someone, but I feel it's more than just niceness with them. Well, certainly from experience. Perhaps my nervousness showed quite easily. But, the old confidence is gradually growing :)
    Keep it up....also...if it's walking you want to take up...all you need is a comfortable pair of shoes and time!!

No matter how slow/bad you go at the start .....it's so much better than being on the couch/propping up a bar somewhere

Yay for confidence growing \o/

Exactly....took me an embarrassingly long time to come around

Though when you work 60-70 hours most weeks and do nixers/farm work aswell...as trying to fit in a bit of exercise....it's fair hard to find time to make new friends.....but sure I'm hoping that being a bit of a loner/little to no friends Will be better than being constantly let down/treated sh1te???

Besides I used be well able to happy alone when I was younger

I was the same. I'm happy cutting out the ones who bought me down.

Keep it up....also...if it's walking you want to take up...all you need is a comfortable pair of shoes and time!!

No matter how slow/bad you go at the start .....it's so much better than being on the couch/propping up a bar somewhere

Last time I was in a bar, I actually managed to chat to a couple of girls, and even offer to buy one a drink, ask if she's single, etc. etc. Ok, so that didn't work out, but it showed that I had the balls to actually give it a shot :)
    Yay for confidence growing \o/

Confidence is key ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Can I just say I laughed at the comments of me stalking tom tonight, sorry to say I'm not .............yet ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

To be fair, you never know how it goes with friends. I had only very few people around me and in the last few months I met so many new people who proved to be friends in very short time already.
    You would be surprised how much your own attitude can be an influence in finding some decent people.

As much as I hate the phrase " You never know when you will find someone special and you will find it when you don't try it", is pretty right too.

I was the same. I'm happy cutting out the ones who bought me down.

God....I've cut so many out over the years....I'm starting to think it's something wrong with me....that I'm too much effort /need to be taken down a peg or two or something???

**i really don't mean that to sound soo self pitying :pac:

Autosport wrote: »
    Can I just say I laughed at the comments of me stalking tom tonight, sorry to say I'm not .............yet ;)

Are you not tearing up Waterford tonight!?

God....I've cut so many out over the years....I'm starting to think it's something wrong with me....that I'm too much effort /need to be taken down a peg or two or something???

**i really don't mean that to sound soo self pitying :pac:

Nothing wrong with you :)

Last time I was in a bar, I actually managed to chat to a couple of girls, and even offer to buy one a drink, ask if she's single, etc. etc. Ok, so that didn't work out, but it showed that I had the balls to actually give it a shot :)

Confidence is key ;)

I'm gaining mine back too. It feels grear

• Advertisement

Nothing wrong with you :)

Yes, it's their problem. Not the person they've messed around.

Are you not tearing up Waterford tonight!?

Someone has the door locked :( heheh

Nah we're probably gonna head down next weekend, I'm not able for 2 nights out in a row :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

mg1982 wrote: »
    This room has been getting more and more quiet, looks like everyone has hooked up.

Nope....still single! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Emsloe

leahyl wrote: »
    Nope....still single! :o

+1

(Long time since I had a plus one :()

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Emsloe wrote: »
    +1

(Long time since I had a plus one :()

At least you had someone you could call a plus 1 :( What am I like! Jesus wept!

leahyl wrote: »
    At least you had someone you could call a plus 1 :( What am I like! Jesus wept!

Same as :(

What are we like, eh? Haha.

What are we like, eh? Haha.

Like a bunch of single people? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Emsloe

Like a bunch of single people? :pac:

I'm sure the terminology is much less appealing than that....probably a gaggle of single people, or a heap of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

An isolation of singles :)

Emsloe wrote: »
    I'm sure the terminology is much less appealing than that....probably a gaggle of single people, or a heap of them

A gaggle of single people, gagging for it? :pac:

A great bunch of lads :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Nothing wrong with being single and your all rides in here anyway. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

Still single. Not a sniff of a bloke :(

Still very much single but surrounded by men all the time

• Advertisement

Sometimes I think they're not worth it

Still very much single but surrounded by men all the time

All those men in work, messing with your box. :pac:

I think I just miss working with women. Where I work there are 3 guys in my office 3 upstairs and 9 guys in the suppliers attached on top of trying to manage 24 more guys on top of it.

Karsini wrote: »
    All those men in work, messing with your box. :pac:

Haha it's so bad!! There's just boxes everywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

heyday30 wrote: »
    Still single. Not a sniff of a bloke :(

I'll sniff ye... :pac:

• Advertisement

Sorry pew I'm confused.
    Are you female lookin for a fella?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

deise08 wrote: »
    Ah see, I could never pull a line like that off.

If only you were a guy, you'd be well on your way. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Hi. How has everyone been?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

eternal wrote: »

Hows E been. Thought you had eloped with some silver tongued spanish bloke to a desert island. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

mg1982 wrote: »
    Hows E been. Thought you had eloped with some silver tongued spanish bloke to a desert island. :D

I was away for the weekend just gone and been trying to sort out college. Took some time off the site too. I missed everyone :)

Sorry pew I'm confused.

Yes I am :)

It's ok I can come across as manly at times :pac:

Yes I am :)

It's ok I can come across as manly at times :pac:

Sorry all the boxes threw me.

Are you not working with a load of em? Fellas i mean?

Howiya pew. :)

Sorry all the boxes threw me.

Are you not working with a load of em? Fellas i mean?

Yea with a tonne but I really miss working with women too.

Way too much testosterone floating around...I'm getting way too manly

Boxes are actually boxes that I have for filing.

But it's a recurring joke with boxes etc.

One of the guys has started to pretend to be a girl for me though

eternal wrote: »

Good thanks E. The first day of 29 has gone grand.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement