Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Singles thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

heyday30 wrote: »
    Meeting people full stop is the problem.

:/
    This is the big problem....esp if your not s huge drinker
    So online it is.....as in all fairness there's no young wan going to find me randomly where I do be living :/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

:/
    This is the big problem....esp if your not s huge drinker
    So online it is.....as in all fairness there's no young wan going to find me randomly where I do be living :/

Don't you drive. Can't you go to them? Open your horizons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

eternal wrote: »

depends on how far it is and if ur ok with long distance relationships

depends on how far it is and if ur ok with long distance relationships

Ireland is small. Cork is near to Waterford, Kerry, Limerick. It's within reason depending on your job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

I've often wondered is that better or worse....like I've never got to the stage of beyond dating/ not being single for one reason or another

Wouldn't mind a few dates...my head was a bit messed for a bit there...but nearly around there now :)

Would you ever go in for a LDR....or is it worth the hassle??
    I've never known them to work out....but then again....most relationships don't!!

LDR'S can work i think depends on the people. Like if both people r very busy during the week. Or if both persons don't want to feel smothered by spending too much time together.

Johnny Vegas and his missus were in LDR for years and are married!

I am...meeting wans me ownish age is the issue....

Though would you ever be afraid you'd go a date and they just wouldn't make out a word your saying???
    Not great for the oul confidence that....though fcuk it I'm going to give it a go anyway!!!

Would you be put off by someone who depsnt have any up to date photos....though I've a big night out coming up soon...may have to break the habit of a lifetime and get me photo taken !!!!

LDR'S can work i think depends on the people. Like if both people r very busy during the week. Or if both persons don't want to feel smothered by spending too much time together.

Johnny Vegas and his missus were in LDR for years and are married!

id have to be very enthusiastic to be willing to do LDR

Tom you worry too much. I don't mind driving to someone if they are decent to me.

I am...meeting wans me ownish age is the issue....

Though would you ever be afraid you'd go a date and they just wouldn't make out a word your saying???
    Not great for the oul confidence that....though fcuk it I'm going to give it a go anyway!!!

Would you be put off by someone who depsnt have any up to date photos....though I've a big night out coming up soon...may have to break the habit of a lifetime and get me photo taken !!!!

yeah i wud like up to date photos personally as i wudnt want to waste the persons time if i wasnt attracted to them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Maybe I'm pessimistic, but I can't see LDRs working out in the long-term. Maybe they do work for some, but I couldn't see myself getting involved in one. I would be willing to travel around Ireland to see someone, should things go well. At least I'd see more or her than I would, if she lived in another country.

• Advertisement

Tom you worry too much. I don't mind driving to someone if they are decent to me.

I dunno....I think myself at times that people in LDR could be inclined to string the other person along and that's not very nice either..

There's long distance and short distance. I don't know anyway it's not like I'm succeeding enough to give advice.

yeah i wud like up to date photos personally as i wudnt want to waste the persons time if i wasnt attracted to them

Ya....though myself I'd rather kinda more natural photos as in not staged....I dunno if that comes across right??

Though why would anyone date someone there not attracted to....that's not too much to ask??

Ya....though myself I'd rather kinda more natural photos as in not staged....I dunno if that comes across right??

Though why would anyone date someone there not attracted to....that's not too much to ask??

Most people wouldn't. I know I couldn't but I have strange taste anyway.

some ppl dnt care about looks, but i do (aswell as personality of course) it may make me shallow but id rather be single than be with someone im not attracted to, wouldn't be fair on either party imo

Question: What do you all look for in a person?

Trebor176 wrote: »

Kind, funny, easy going and wants to have sex no excuse.

If your just meeting someone tbh there has to be looks involved to some extent.

There Deffo needs to be chemistry. Or it just won't last.

some ppl dnt care about looks, but i do (aswell as personality of course) it may make me shallow but id rather be single than be with someone im not attracted to, wouldn't be fair on either party imo

I couldn't see how wanting to be attracted to someone your with is shallow :confused:
    Surly it should be an absolute minimum requirement

Though a really good looking person with a vile personality I dunno....I couldn't handle it....but I haven't it in me to handle stress I'm bad enough without bringing hassle/ horribleness into my life....I dunno if ye can follow that?? :/

• Advertisement

Genuine, caring, kind, respectful, has a goal in life (ambitious), intelligent, generous, has a sense of humour, disciplined and is strong minded but cn be sensitive too, a guy who looks after himself (something i need to find handsome/sexy about him physically)

If your just meeting someone tbh there has to be looks involved to some extent.

There Deffo needs to be chemistry. Or it just won't last.

Ya....I guess....though this chemistry thing....would that not come in a bit as you get to know people better/relax in there company.....I know I'd want to know someone right well before I could be comfortable around them (this goes for either sex!!)

I couldn't see how wanting to be attracted to someone your with is shallow :confused:
    Surly it should be an absolute minimum requirement

Though a really good looking person with a vile personality I dunno....I couldn't handle it....but I haven't it in me to handle stress I'm bad enough without bringing hassle/ horribleness into my life....I dunno if ye can follow that?? :/

no cudnt be with a good looking guy if he had a horrible personality, though i have a history for attracting bad boys, but please god that will stay in the past. I think i deserve a nice guy this time

Being honest I've never taught out a list
    (Maybe I should???)
    Just someone who you can have a laugh/get on with and that I find attractive I guess

To be honest, sex wouldn't be top of my agenda. Not too early on anyway, should things go well. I'd want us to get to know one another a bit before jumping in the sack. I'd prefer to just take things nice n' easy.

For me, I'd go for looks, but more importantly, she must have a nice sense of humour, be genuine, caring and kind. I guess anything else is a bonus :)

I like loads of people but it's not exactly returned so I give up. Don't know what men expect anymore at this stage. Isn't it enough to be educated, alright looking and ok to talk to? Obviously not.

Dont give up anyway :(
    Though I'm not adversed to taking a break from dating etc (have kinda neglected that side of my life if I'm honest...going to change though)

You do seem sound enough though

• Advertisement

Dont give up anyway :(
    Though I'm not adversed to taking a break from dating etc (have kinda neglected that side of my life if I'm honest...going to change though)

You do seem sound enough though

I'm not going on dating sites again. I will just meet people when I'm out or whatever. It's not worth the crap on them. One guy asked me would I have anal without a condom after like five minutes then went completely psycho when I asked him what his problem was.

no cudnt be with a good looking guy if he had a horrible personality, though i have a history for attracting bad boys, but please god that will stay in the past. I think i deserve a nice guy this time

Agh Jesus you will.....there must surly be some chap around the Midlands to be a good fit????
    I'm fcuked if I know how to go about finding/meeting new people outside of nights out/dating site
    Maybe macra....I know a few who got together through that!!

I need someone who's kind and understanding. I'm a complex person.
    :)

I'm not going on dating sites again. I will just meet people when I'm out or whatever. It's not worth the crap on them. One guy asked me would I have anal without a condom after like five minutes then went completely psycho when I asked him what his problem was.

gosh! He asked you this in person!? :O

:eek:
    Jesus that escalated rapidly....would you not have blocked/ignored him and move onto the next person???

• Advertisement

Agh Jesus you will.....there must surly be some chap around the Midlands to be a good fit????
    I'm fcuked if I know how to go about finding/meeting new people outside of nights out/dating site
    Maybe macra....I know a few who got together through that!!

yeah i heard about Marca but tbh i'm too lazy too venture it, guess im getting more used to being single and perhaps more comfortable with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭oceanstreet

Gotta be attracted to a person, nothing shallow about it. As much as we like to deny it relationships combine the emotional with the physical

yeah i heard about Marca but tbh i'm too lazy too venture it, guess im getting more used to being single and perhaps more comfortable with it

Jesus don't end up like me anyway....I've kinda neglected that side of my life and ended at my age with being permentantly single :/

Though I will say that if its anything like around here you'll do well to avoid the macra.....they don't really like non farmers (assuming your not a farmer!!)

Though I dunno I wouldn't like to recommend anyone to do courses Etc to meet people as that just struck me as a waste unless your interested in the course

Well you wouldn't want to 'just go off with anything' would you? I mean that would be horrendous especially if the person according to some individuals is so horrific looking.
    (They know who they are)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

Jesus don't end up like me anyway....I've kinda neglected that side of my life and ended at my age with being permentantly single :/

Though I will say that if its anything like around here you'll do well to avoid the macra.....they don't really like non farmers (assuming your not a farmer!!)

Though I dunno I wouldn't like to recommend anyone to do courses Etc to meet people as that just struck me as a waste unless your interested in the course

ya I couldn't crack the macra :(:(:(

Theres nothing wrong with being single and focusing on other aspects of your life. And tom ur too sound to be permanently single, when the times right, it will happen, i know it sounds corny, but im a strong believer in the universe and angels granting us what we want and we can't be helped by them if we don't ask :)

Hey tom how's the lambing?
    Couldn't resist sorry :pac

I need someone who's kind and understanding. I'm a complex person.
    :)

Where to find said person though???

They might be closer than you know, a few Waterford men on here?!

deise08 wrote: »
    ya I couldn't crack the macra :(:(:(

Your not miss much as I know of two members of macra my own age who wouldn't go out with a wan who was sound as hell and really pretty but wouldn't go out because she wasn't from a farm....imagine that happening in 2014???

• Advertisement

Your not miss much as I know of two members of macra my own age who wouldn't go out with a wan who was sound as hell and really pretty but wouldn't go out because she wasn't from a farm....imagine that happening in 2014???

haha that's hilarious, sure of course, it would be forbidden, lol

. I'm not much of a catch at the moment. few health issues.

I am sorry but I don't think it's fair for someone to judge what another person looks like and insults them and then refuses to show what they look like. I think it's ignorant and they obviously have something to hide. A real man doesn't insult attractive women.

i def agree, the person clearly has issues of their own

. I'm not much of a catch at the moment. few health issues.

aww dnt say that, hope ur ok xxxx

i def agree, the person clearly has issues of their own

I need to stay quiet before I blow up. Just ignore me right now. Sorry.

Theres nothing wrong with being single and focusing on other aspects of your life. And tom ur too sound to be permanently single, when the times right, it will happen, i know it sounds corny, but im a strong believer in the universe and angels granting us what we want and we can't be helped by them if we don't ask :)
    Thanks yere too nice!!

I know I shouldn't complain....it's as much my own fault for neglecting it/being in a really bad mess when I was younger and then just concentrating maybe too much on work etc then the last year or two
    Though the one person who stopped me from being a mess was also the reason a wan gave for not going out with me....seemingly you can't be best friends with a young wan

Edit: you are wicked sound PM...you just maybe need to as eternal said cast your horizons a bit farther...though I'm not sure what to suggest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Number one for me is definitely Sense of humour, I love to laugh and he has to be able to make me laugh. Life is too short to be serious all the time. I'm also a sucker for Eyes, he has to have nice eyes :)

Autosport wrote: »
    Number one for me is definitely Sense of humour, I love to laugh and he has to be able to make me laugh. Life is too short to be serious all the time. I'm also a sucker for Eyes, he has to have nice eyes :)

Your a burd !!! :eek:

Edit....or possibly gay man???:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Your a burd !!! :eek:

Edit....or possibly gay man???:)

Ahem Female :D it's written in my location teehee :D

• Advertisement

I need to stay quiet before I blow up. Just ignore me right now. Sorry.

No need to apologise, just forget about those rude idiots coz their either looking for attention or projecting their issues on to you, silly ppl

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement