Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Singles thread.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Only the worthiest will be chosen :D

I forgot good looking and extremely buxom women don't do it for you. How big is your head btw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭oceanstreet

No I prefer the uggers ;)

And depends which head you're talking about

Ugly yet worthy. How interesting. I suppose you're quite the catch then?

Worthiness is down to personal preference

And yes, I'm a catch for someone :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Its funny how this thread becomes busy at night! Its like we are some night crawlers, who only come out, when sun goes down! :D

Anyway, suit bought! Bring on Horses tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Its funny how this thread becomes busy at night! Its like we are some night crawlers, who only come out, when sun goes down! :D

Anyway, suit bought! Bring on Horses tomorrow!

Night-time is often the best time!

I wonder how the lads got on down in the bushes last night! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Football Friend

Trebor176 wrote: »
    Thank you both :)

Well, the one I'm doing is apparently the more difficult of the ones I have to sit. I guess it's no harm getting the hardest one out of the way first (eventually). Most do the two other easier compulsory ones first. This one is also compulsory. A nice subject, but there's just a lot of material to cover in just three months or so.

Glad you're feeling better, Eternal :)

Are you doing P2 Trebor? It's a horrible dose but you're on the home stretch after it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Are you doing P2 Trebor? It's a horrible dose but you're on the home stretch after it!

Yeah, that's right. It's a nice subject, but there's just so much to cover. I've heard of students having several attempts at it before they'd eventually get it. Even students have come out with 49% (pass rate is 50%). Most seem to start with P1 & P2 together.

Yeah, that's right. It's a nice subject, but there's just so much to cover. I've heard of students having several attempts at it before they'd eventually get it. Even students have come out with 49% (pass rate is 50%). Most seem to start with P1 & P2 together.

Yeah I've been there buddy, passed my last ACCA in Feb thank god! I got 45 in P2 the first time...thankfully I've only had one subject where I got the dreaded 49!

Yeah I've been there buddy, passed my last ACCA in Feb thank god! I got 45 in P2 the first time...thankfully I've only had one subject where I got the dreaded 49!

Well done to you on that :) I haven't been far off, but it would be and must be an absolute killer to get the 49. At least it's a flexible course, and I may take the rest of the year off, if I pass this time, and get back to it next February. I haven't had proper time off in a couple of years, apart from study leave, and the other time I took off was a holiday, but was studying at the time. I get around three weeks holidays, and study leave is included, if I take it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

Man I'm bolloxed, thank god we're closed tomorrow!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Man I'm bolloxed, thank god we're closed tomorrow!!!

all out of easter eggs?

all out of easter eggs?

i have no easter eggs but i dnt mind,u? i need to lose weight anyway but have gone down a size so not all bad

i have no easter eggs but i dnt mind,u? i need to lose weight anyway but have gone down a size so not all bad

i didnt get any either, im not that pushed though for them.

Why do you need to loose weight? Is there a deadline?

Well done to you on that :) I haven't been far off, but it would be and must be an absolute killer to get the 49. At least it's a flexible course, and I may take the rest of the year off, if I pass this time, and get back to it next February. I haven't had proper time off in a couple of years, apart from study leave, and the other time I took off was a holiday, but was studying at the time. I get around three weeks holidays, and study leave is included, if I take it.

It's horrible getting 49 but I got 50 in the other exam that sitting so it was bittersweet. The lack of holidays is definitely the worst part alright so it's a sensible choice taking a break if you can. I was burnt out after the few years of constant work and study so I quit my job and have spent the last few months relaxing, catching up on books and boxsets and holidays. Feeling good now but not looking forward to the job hunt. Dreading having to move back to Dublin so I'm hoping something local pops up.

Anyway, on a more joyful note who's heading out tonight?

Not me unfortunately. Typical that I'd get a head cold for a long weekend!

i didnt get any either, im not that pushed though for them.

Why do you need to loose weight? Is there a deadline?

i was 2 sizes smaller before christmas den went up 2 sizes :( me n food have an emotional relationship, have gone bk down a size, now just one more size to go so i cn fit bk into my jeans :) want to feel comfortable in a bikini also wenever i go on hols over the summer

Headn ou 2moro

It's horrible getting 49 but I got 50 in the other exam that sitting so it was bittersweet. The lack of holidays is definitely the worst part alright so it's a sensible choice taking a break if you can. I was burnt out after the few years of constant work and study so I quit my job and have spent the last few months relaxing, catching up on books and boxsets and holidays. Feeling good now but not looking forward to the job hunt. Dreading having to move back to Dublin so I'm hoping something local pops up.

I'll definitely need to take time off and not have to worry about work and study. I need to focus on my health too.

• Advertisement

i was 2 sizes smaller before christmas den went up 2 sizes :( me n food have an emotional relationship, have gone bk down a size, now just one more size to go so i cn fit bk into my jeans :) want to feel comfortable in a bikini also wenever i go on hols over the summer

what do they say minute on the lips, lifetime on the hips.

Good on ya though good to have the goal. Easier ways than cutting out chocolate :)

So true! If only it was the other way around.

Good on ya though good to have the goal. Easier ways than cutting out chocolate :)

Prob will be weightwatchers and gym for life which sucks but if it means i'll be healthier than i could be, then its worth it

Prob will be weightwatchers and gym for life which sucks but if it means i'll be healthier than i could be, then its worth it

Well only if you limit that to your control measures. Theres always other ways to work it.

Do you have to be overweight for weightwatchers to let you in?

Weightwatchers has always felt kinda fake or more short term, proper healthy eating all the way :)

Weightwatchers has always felt kinda fake or more short term, proper healthy eating all the way :)

One of the women I work with swears by it. Decent figure on her for a 55 year old too. Doesn't mean I would though. :p

• Advertisement

Karsini wrote: »
    One of the women I work with swears by it. Decent figure on her for a 55 year old too. Doesn't mean I would though. :p

Fast metabolism :D

Dont know if I agree with this. You can drop weight really fast and well if you Really want. :) Just need a very good motivation.

Dont know if I agree with this. You can drop weight really fast and well if you Really want. :) Just need a very good motivation.

I lack discipline and motivation and can get fairly addicted to the junk food
    Well only if you limit that to your control measures. Theres always other ways to work it.

Do you have to be overweight for weightwatchers to let you in?

Think as long as you're not underweight you can join

It's a business at the end of the day, but It's also a support group where ppl having shared problems and therefore a shared identity, and i think it strengthens the focus. Or paying a tenner a week but once you get to gold you're free for life. I eat properly and healthy when I'm with weightwatchers, It works for some, not for others

I'm the very same PM.

• Advertisement

I'm the very same PM.

Feel your pain Hugo, I've been able to do it on my own at times, but right now, I need the support

Feel your pain Hugo, I've been able to do it on my own at times, but right now, I need the support

You can do it PM. Keep your goal and victory reward in mind, and it'll all be yours. :)

It's a business at the end of the day, but It's also a support group where ppl having shared problems and therefore a shared identity, and i think it strengthens the focus. Or paying a tenner a week but once you get to gold you're free for life. I eat properly and healthy when I'm with weightwatchers, It works for some, not for others

I suppose from a social/support aspect it would be worth it (and afterwards you could hit up micky Ds :P )

so no easter eggs here and few going out tonight aswell,

whats happening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Evening all, how's everyone this evening?

I suppose from a social/support aspect it would be worth it (and afterwards you could hit up micky Ds :P )

I think so :) u talkn bou d alco there? :)

Think as long as you're not underweight you can join

That actually reminds me, I got BBQ and chilly peanuts downstairs. Need to get down and get it. :D

I think so :) u talkn bou d alco there? :)

Alco? McNuggets even :D

That actually reminds me, I got BBQ and chilly peanuts downstairs. Need to get down and get it. :D

Just had some Walkers sweet chilli nuts :cool:

Autosport wrote: »
    Evening all, how's everyone this evening?

How are you keeping AS? :)

• Advertisement

My bro just came into me with a big fat easter egg!!!! nom nom nom

Thats 15 points :eek:

Awww yeah! :D

15 points but a pure gold rush. Enjoy PM. How much will you eat of it now.

Im jealous sitting here eating spuds, butter nut, celery and lamb

Thats 15 points :eek:

more like a million

15 points but a pure gold rush. Enjoy PM. How much will you eat of it now.

Im jealous sitting here eating spuds, butter nut, celery and lamb

I'm not sure...i'll keep you posted :)
    Sounds like a nice farmer dinner u got going on there

I'm not sure...i'll keep you posted :)
    Sounds like a nice farmer dinner u got going on there

farmers dont eat butternut squash do they??

though i might be guilty of wellies but not right now.:D

Hi everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Evening folks, another night in :-( I am heading out next Fri after work though for dinner and drinks so looking forward to that! Hope yer all having a good evening and looking forward to the chocolate feast tomorrow....looks like some have already started :-D

• Advertisement

I opened a salted caramel Galaxy bar and I don't feel guilty.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement