Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Singles thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Night AS :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

I think Snapchat is largely pointless. It's all dick pics, pointless selfies, and things I couldn't give a Damn about. Same with the "Moments" on Tinder. I've actually seen women put up photos of them in the bath or ones that say, "I'm bored", with such a sour puss. And I'm meant to care/find that attractive?

I've never actually sent a dick pic over any thing date sites etc and ive never taken a selfie in my life!!!

It's kinda lost on me really!!!.....though I do question the point of it aswell at times

heyday30 wrote: »
    Don't use snap chat. I'm Way behind the times !

Your missing out (not really) :P

If I want to talk, I'll text you or call you, I'm not going to have a conversation through pointless photos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

eternal wrote: »
    She dated him and didn't want to be involved afterwards with him.

Point being? Maybe she hadn't got around to deleting him yet. It certainly doesn't mean she led him on. You must be like a bitch in heat if you reckon a Facebook friendship is a come-on!

If I want to talk, I'll text you or call you, I'm not going to have a conversation through pointless photos.

What about whatsapp???
    Best of both worlds imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

Your missing out (not really) :P

Really ? I can't keep up wit all these new technology thingys.

I only started using WhatsApp that's apparently soooo outdated according to my teenage niece.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Point being? Maybe she hadn't got around to deleting him yet. It certainly doesn't mean she led him on. You must be like a bitch in heat if you reckon a Facebook friendship is a come-on!

I never thought anyone adding me on Facebook meant that ever.

If only it did. I'd send Facebook friend requests to EVERYONE.

• Advertisement

Really ? I can't keep up wit all these new technology thingys.

I only started using WhatsApp that's apparently soooo outdated according to my teenage niece.
    Lock her in the cupboard(dont really)...emm I dunno I kinda like whatsapp though I'm actually awlful for replying in the group....I'm even more of a lurker in real life :rolleyes:

Though if you are msging sonewan off a site in whatsapp turn off your location settings,...you can't ever be too careful

Lock her in the cupboard....emm I dunno I kinda like whatsapp though I'm actually awlful for replying in the group....I'm even more of a lurker in real life :rolleyes:

I like WhatsApp too. Great for the aul free texts :)

I don't quite get the Whatsapp malarkey, nor do I intend on downloading it. I'm behind on the various chat sites as well. I'll stick to what I know ;)

Fair enough. But saying that kinda contradicts this:
    Why are you friends with him on Facebook. It sounds like you may have led him on tbh.

If only it did. I'd send Facebook friend requests to EVERYONE.

To be fair I get a lot of strange men adding me and I would question it. But it's not like I think there's a specific reason or anything. Usually I'd wait until I've had previous contact with them.

To be fair I get a lot of strange men adding me and I would question it. But it's not like I think there's a specific reason or anything. Usually I'd wait until I've had previous contact with them.

Is that what people do? How would they know who you are? I'd never think of adding random people!

• Advertisement

Fair enough. But saying that kinda contradicts this:

All I was saying is that going back a bit that poster said the guy was annoying her and wouldn't accept she didn't want to date him so I thought maybe engaging them on Facebook might not be ideal but then what would I know.

Is that what people do? How would they know who you are? I'd never think of adding random people!

I ask them how they know me and they don't reply. I post a lot in article comments, maybe that's what it is.

I ask them how they know me and they don't reply. I post a lot in article comments, maybe that's what it is.

Would you consider beefing up your privacy settings so only friends of friends, which I believe is the deepest you can go, can send you invites?

All I was saying is that going back a bit that poster said the guy was annoying her and wouldn't accept she didn't want to date him so I thought maybe engaging them on Facebook might not be ideal but then what would I know.

Victim-blaming. Tut tut.

Victim-blaming. Tut tut.

Ah yeah. Hope you had a nice Easter anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭oceanstreet

Run for the hills, Tom boy, if a person does that it isn't going anywhere!

Tinder is just an extention of our spoiled, choice-laden current existence (if ya know what I mean :p )

Why are opening messages so hard? I'm trying to put together a decent message to a girl, who has a longish profile, and shares a couple of interests (maybe more) with me. I tend to struggle putting the words together at times.

Trebor176 wrote: »
    Why are opening messages so hard? I'm trying to put together a decent message to a girl, who has a longish profile, and shares a couple of interests (maybe more) with me. I tend to struggle putting the words together at times.

Just go with the guy who told me that he'd like to smash my back doors in. Works a treat.

Just go with the guy who told me that he'd like to smash my back doors in. Works a treat.

That made me laugh quite hard.

I think they're hard in part because of the forced, almost unnatural aspect of the message. It's like no matter what's said it ends up coming out as sounding kinda shallow. Keep it on the light side is my advice!

Thats my wisdom for day :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Eternal I didn't led anyone one. I made it clear to the guy I wasn't interested in him, be friends. I don't engage anything with him. He asked again, when was my next night off. Didn't reply. ...and he still sending snaps of himself etc! I do not reply. He just won't stop!

He doesn't get it......i feel like iv to tell him f off...remove him from all social networks for the only way for this to stop. I can't help but feel like a bitch n rude.....he's a plague tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Tom sorry to hear bout your date! Fingers crossed something might work out!

Eternal I didn't led anyone one. I made it clear to the guy I wasn't interested in him, be friends. I don't engage anything with him. He asked again, when was my next night off. Didn't reply. ...and he still sending snaps of himself etc! I do not reply. He just won't stop!

He doesn't get it......i feel like iv to tell him f off...remove him from all social networks for the only way for this to stop. I can't help but feel like a bitch n rude.....he's a plague tbh

Alright, I apologise. I obviously got it wrong.

Just say sup biatch. I would much like to get it on. Giggidy.

What dating sites/apps are people using, if any?

• Advertisement

While I wouldn't want to word it that way, "smashing someone's back doors in" is something I need to do again... been far too long!

Karsini wrote: »
    While I wouldn't want to word it that way, "smashing someone's back doors in" is something I need to do again... been far too long!

Break into many houses, then?

Just say 'Hello' and something about them being pretty. That's the usual I thought.

Break into many houses, then?

I'm from Ballyfermot, what do you think? :p :pac:

Ah, I just went with the usual taking something from her profile that we have a mutual interest in. I'd like to get to know her, etc.

Just say 'Hello' and something about them being pretty. That's the usual I thought.

Only if they're a bit of a perv!

Karsini wrote: »

:O :O

Only if they're a bit of a perv!

How is that pervy? They're just saying what is.

If you want it to stop I suggest you do exactly that.

• Advertisement

How is that pervy? They're just saying what is.

You'd be surprised how many women react to that badly.

You'd be surprised how many women react to that badly.

Eternal no longer gives advice tonight :) I wouldn't mind being told that tbh.

You need to block this chap. If you don't, he'll persist with all this. He sounds like a right pest. "Ya gotta be cruel to be kind," to quote the song :)

Eternal no longer gives advice tonight :) I wouldn't mind being told that tbh.

You look really pretty.

You look really pretty.

I know you haven't seen me but thanks.

I know you haven't seen me but thanks.

Send us a photo. Gwan, sure!

• Advertisement

No more peep shows. ;)

No more peep shows. ;)

No more? Did I miss the first peep show? Harrumph.

Is this another PM job. The endless endeavour.

No more peep shows. ;)

Spoilsport ;)

Is this another PM job. The endless endeavour.

Ara you don't have to show me. Wasn't expecting you to!

Random things on YouTube are the best.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement