Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Singles thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

eternal wrote: »
    He appeared to be drunk and gave it to me. He mentioned two hotels miles apart on the same day. Complete nonsense. He is nice but still I'm not interested in him.

Would curiosity not bring you to check them out??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

chrysagon wrote: »
    maybe if u got drunk u might find him interesting?:rolleyes:

Oh yeah encouraging alcoholism is a great idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

He appeared to be drunk and gave it to me. He mentioned two hotels miles apart on the same day. Complete nonsense. He is nice but still I'm not interested in him.

Ah right. could you just casually drop in to conversation about meeting a guy? as in not a local guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

chrysagon wrote: »
    maybe if u got drunk u might find him interesting?:rolleyes:

Getting drunk should not be how you find out if you like someone. You also will be spending a significant amount of time sober with him.

I'm never going out with a person who has a drink problem again.

• Advertisement

So anyone going On any dated etc this week/been on over the weekend???

:D:D

Maybe next week, must wait and see. Feeling like crap at the moment though, bleh.

Karsini wrote: »
    Maybe next week, must wait and see. Feeling like crap at the moment though, bleh.

Is she dayscent???

Is she dayscent???

Tinder girl, lives in Howth. Seems nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

Eternal, ur neighbour sounds dodgy tho perhaps undr alcohol he cn be silly at times, tho that does not help matters either, at least u have an admirer, tho it wud help if he was of sound mind :/

Why feeling poo Karsini? :/

I might be going on another date this week, but dnt really care either, meh

Oh was called for an interview for Trinity for the PhD in Counselling Psychology, only 50 ppl are called for an interview and they only have 12-14 places for whoever is successful, hears hoping for a miracle :)

• Advertisement

Eternal, ur neighbour sounds dodgy tho perhaps undr alcohol he cn be silly at times, tho that does not help matters either, at least u have an admirer, tho it wud help if he was of sound mind :/

Oh was called for an interview for Trinity for the PhD in Counselling Psychology, only 50 ppl are called for an interview and they only have 12-14 places for whoever is successful, hears hoping for a miracle :)

Jesus you'll be studying like mad so!!!
    When is the interview

Good luck with your date too!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Fingers crossed for you :)

Jesus you'll be studying like mad so!!!
    When is the interview

Good luck with your date too!!

Thanks, I was called for the interview last year but didn't get it, its at the beginning of May, heres hoping :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Thanks, I was called for the interview last year but didn't get it, its at the beginning of May, heres hoping :)

Best of luck PM. I have no doubt that you will be successful this time :)

Best of luck!! You'll ace it!!
    I've just been on the phone chatting to some Tinder guy who seems ok. He wants to meet me but I'm a bit reticent about him asking me to his place. Anyway I'll shut up now.

I've just been on the phone chatting to some Tinder guy who seems ok. He wants to meet me but I'm a bit reticent about him asking me to his place. Anyway I'll shut up now.

Meet in public...ALWAYS

Never ever go to a strangers house :eek:

Meet in public...ALWAYS

Never ever go to a strangers house :eek:

I said that to him straight off like.

I feel lost, can't really put my finger on it, though. Best of luck with the interview.

Thanks man :)

Meet in a public place please coz u dnt know him, better safe than sorry x

I feel lost, can't really put my finger on it, though. Best of luck with the interview.

hope ur ok man x we're here if u need to talk and cheers :)

• Advertisement

Thanks man :)

Meet in a public place please coz u dnt know him, better safe than sorry x

I know. Would you move to Dublin for your course. I'm applying there for an MA but they've ignored all my emails.

Exercise and coffee:)

I really don't know who would go to the home of someone they just met. Not unless things went really, really well on the first date. If in doubt, just meet in a busy public place, as suggested. Should things not work out, you go your separate ways, especially if you're unsure of the person.

I know. Would you move to Dublin for your course. I'm applying there for an MA but they've ignored all my emails.

No dnt tink i could afford to move, it wud work out much cheapr to commute

You shud ring the course secretary about the MA, thats how i got my info about the PhD last year

No dnt tink i could afford to move, it wud work out much cheapr to commute

You shud ring the course secretary about the MA, thats how i got my info about the PhD last year

I went on the forum here and got no response. If I get a scholarship here then I'll stay but I don't know if that will happen either. I hope your interview goes well, I picture it will be tough enough. But not meaning you don't have a chance.

Trebor176 wrote: »
    I really don't know who would go to the home of someone they just met. Not unless things went really, really well on the first date. If in doubt, just meet in a busy public place, as suggested. Should things not work out, you go your separate ways, especially if you're unsure of the person.

ONS???

Though being honest...I couldn't bring meself to trust someone I just met on a night out and would rather the travellodge...though if they weren't up for that...I dunno id find it hard to trust

I told him that but he's very adamant. He can either put up or fck off out of it.

Exercise and coffee:)

Exercise sounds good. I actually don't drink coffee, at all! I remember an apprentice in work told me that I'm the only IT worker he ever met that doesn't drink coffee.

Exercise sounds good. I actually don't drink coffee, at all! I remember an apprentice in work told me that I'm the only IT worker he ever met that doesn't drink coffee.

Weirdo! I was the only chef that didn't smoke too. Ginger tea so.

• Advertisement

Crossfit!!!

I went on the forum here and got no response. If I get a scholarship here then I'll stay but I don't know if that will happen either. I hope your interview goes well, I picture it will be tough enough. But not meaning you don't have a chance.

Yeah id def ring the secretary if i were u and no harm in applying for a scholarship, i might be entitled to the grant, but we'll see.Thanks man
    Yeah its a very hard interview which comprises of for 4 different sections, personal interview, group interview, research knowledge and counselling knowledge if i remember correctly.

ONS???

Though being honest...I couldn't bring meself to trust someone I just met on a night out and would rather the travellodge...though if they weren't up for that...I dunno id find it hard to trust

Ah no, not a ONS. Personally, I would not be into those at all. I guess it's rare for things to actually go so smoothly that both would feel comfortable enough to be alone, whether it just be a lengthy chat with wine or whatever.
    I told him that but he's very adamant. He can either put up or fck off out of it.

It sounds like he needs to be told where to go.

In terms of the course and colleges, what do you want to do again? Which colleges have you applied to?

Weirdo! I was the only chef that didn't smoke too. Ginger tea so.

Good! :) Think I have a bit of a phobia of smoking. Was on a date a few weeks ago and although we got on really well, she told me she smoked and I apparently gave her a dirty look. I didn't mean to but I just don't like it. I'd say that ruined my chances.

Good! :) Think I have a bit of a phobia of smoking. Was on a date a few weeks ago and although we got on really well, she told me she smoked and I apparently gave her a dirty look. I didn't mean to but I just don't like it. I'd say that ruined my chances.

I'd certainly date an occasional smoker, or one that just smokes socially. I couldn't date a chain smoker.

Ah no, not a ONS. Personally, I would not be into those at all. I guess it's rare for things to actually go so smoothly that both would feel comfortable enough to be alone, whether it just be a lengthy chat with wine or whatever.

It sounds like he needs to be told where to go.

In terms of the course and colleges, what do you want to do again? Which colleges have you applied to?

Is this me? I already got an offer here for it due to my grades. I'm not sure about Dublin yet.

• Advertisement

Is this me? I already got an offer here for it due to my grades. I'm not sure about Dublin yet.

What are you unsure on??

If you want it and have no reason not too...go for it ??

Yeah id def ring the secretary if i were u and no harm in applying for a scholarship, i might be entitled to the grant, but we'll see.Thanks man
    Yeah its a very hard interview which comprises of for 4 different sections, personal interview, group interview, research knowledge and counselling knowledge if i remember correctly.

I've already got my reference and handed in the scholarship application for here. I'll apply for a grant too. At least you have prior experience of the interview process though.

Apologies, it was directed at you :) Well done on that. There's plenty of options here anyway, should you consider.

Congrats E, u should be very proud :)

What are you unsure on??

If you want it and have no reason not too...go for it ??

Because it means moving away and starting new which might be difficult plus rent is expensive there but I'll apply to Trinity alright. I'll have to ring them and ask about choices.

• Advertisement

Congrats E, u should be very proud :)

Says yourone going for a PhD haha.

Because it means moving away and starting new which might be difficult plus rent is expensive there but I'll apply to Trinity alright. I'll have to ring them and ask about choices.

Move in with pissy :D

Agh no...I'd not like to move cities again....but if the right job came up in Dublin/cork I would go (nearly did last October!!)

sure if we both get trinity we cn just move in together ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Georgie.Girl

Hi lads...seems I am not welcome in the online dating forum, so I was wondering if I could say hey in here, once in awhile? I really need to learn how to date... really am a mess in that area.

...Ok if I wander in here on occasion?

Hi lads...seems I am not welcome in the online dating forum, so I was wondering if I could say hey in here, once in awhile? I really need to learn how to date... really am a mess in that area.

Feel free. :)

Can't see why not?? :)

What happened in the dating forum???
    (Pm if you not want to say!!)

Ur always welcome here :)

Hey there, Georgie Girl. You're very welcome :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Hiya peoples

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement