Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Singles thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

magic people up?..visit "rentamob"..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I love the wanting to go out when everyone is coming home. Last night was like a zoo. You'd swear people never saw drink before. No sense to it at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I wanna go out! :/ Wish it was possible to just magic people up to go do stuff with! :/

I hate nights like that :-/
    Ended up spending last night drinking wine and watching Impracticable Jokers, it turned out pretty good

sometimes yer own company is the best company!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

But what if your own company is the only company you have?
    Can become hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭oceanstreet

deise08 wrote: »
    But what if your own company is the only company you have?
    Can become hard.

Humans need company, not meant to be on our own for too long otherwise insanity sets in pretty fast.

Join a club, martial arts, book, knitting, sniper, go karting doesn't matter....choose one and get out there and you'll soon have company!

That's something I realised about myself last night. I've felt fairly crappy over the last while and it's because I've been locking myself away as a defence mechanism.

I think I need some social contact, should get that tonight anyway. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

chrysagon wrote: »
    sometimes yer own company is the best company!

Company is nice but i like alone time too. You need a balance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Company is great but it has to be the right kind of company, otherwise it'll just drive you mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Meh, I enjoy company when I have it, but at thecsame time I can go days without human contact. It never bothers me. I spend a lot of time on Skype/ventrilo with friends even if I don't play games with them.
    If you can't be happy on your own, who said you will be happy with someone else. Sort out happiness first, then drag someone in to it! :pac:

Another lady Messeged me first on pof Today. Starting to like it, takes the hassle away lol.

Its good when the ladies make the first contact

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Evening all, hope your Monday is going well :)

Autosport wrote: »
    Evening all, hope your Monday is going well :)

Evening there AS! x :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

you have to love yourself before you can be loved.

Roquentin wrote: »
    you have to love yourself before you can be loved.

Sometimes that can be a hard ask though.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭acuriouscat

Just recently single and I must say I hate it!!! It's a cruel world out there in the dating scene, ugh!

Just recently single and I must say I hate it!!! It's a cruel world out there in the dating scene, ugh!

Welcome to the thread friend! :)

• Advertisement

Its good when the ladies make the first contact

I actually love it. So far from my own experience, the ladies who messege first ar the most interesting/fun and have highest potential.

Anyway, cleaned up all house! Poker night today and I am hosting a BBQ tomorrow! If weather ****, then a gaming night with pizza! It will be fun.. I think 8 people so far and only 2 of them non chefs lol.

A question for you guys/gals.

if you are in a relationship and you decide to move in together, do you move to a location central to you both or something else.

if you are in a relationship and you decide to move in together, do you move to a location central to you both or something else.

Depends on work usually.

One of my brothers in Kerry is moving to Cork, where she's from. She has the better job so that's what they decided to do.

Meeting Louise in about a half hour. Still nervous.

Karsini wrote: »

You can do this man. Just be yourself and let there be fun. Eye of the tiger my friend! :)

eye of the tiger?... this going the distance?.. a knockout maybe?...

• Advertisement

eye of the tiger?... this going the distance?.. a knockout maybe?...

Was just trying to wish the chap good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

One of my brothers in Kerry is moving to Cork, where she's from. She has the better job so that's what they decided to do.

Have fun. Karsini

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

i made some kids day today, i was in the local kfc and he seen the car and lost his sh1t at it haha he was like 5 and was all ":eek::eek::eek: oh my god its a saab!" so i let him sit in it :D he was most happy with himself

i made some kids day today, i was in the local kfc and he seen the car and lost his sh1t at it haha he was like 5 and was all ":eek::eek::eek: oh my god its a saab!" so i let him sit in it :D he was most happy with himself

Aww fair play to you TP! :)

Aww fair play to you TP! :)

I'm more impressed he actually knew what it was haha, ah sure if it makes someones day I'll do my bit :)

• Advertisement

Lol, stab got 5 year old attention?! Smartened for its Age lol. Then again I was so impressed by volvo 740 when I was a child. I wonder it was because all the other cars were volga, Moskvich and lada lol.

Lol, stab got 5 year old attention?! Smartened for its Age lol. Then again I was so impressed by volvo 740 when I was a child. I wonder it was because all the other cars were volga, Moskvich and lada lol.

Well if it makes a kid happy then I'm all for it, it gets plenty of looks from other people too ;) anyway I'm off out to get filthy with it now :pac:

Well if it makes a kid happy then I'm all for it, it gets plenty of looks from other people too ;) anyway I'm off out to get filthy with it now :pac:

Hehe, good luck in getting dirty! I am off to dress up nicely For tonight. I will be losing money in poker hehe.

Very quiet in here tonight

Heading home now. Not sure what to think really, the film wasn't great and we felt very awkward.

I'm just no good at this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭CarpeDiem85

Heading home now. Not sure what to think really, the film wasn't great and we felt very awkward.

You just haven't met the right one. Keep at it :)

Aw don't over think things. :)
    You got yourself out there.
    Be proud of yourself :)

You're good at this man. Sometimes, things are just outside of our control though. Don't be disheartened. You're actually making an effort by just getting yourself out there. That's something to be proud of in itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭worded

Idea - google the too ten FAV / recommended places for 1st dates

I don't think cinema is in the top 5.
    You can't talk during it etc

My preference is a busy pub with lots of people around but each to their own, def not a cinema. A drink or two relaxes both parties

worded wrote: »
    Idea - google the too ten FAV / recommended places for 1st dates

I don't think cinema is in the top 5.
    You can't talk during it etc

My preference is a busy pub with lots of people around but each to their own, def not a cinema. A drink or two relaxes both parties

I agree actually. It was her idea, wouldn't have been something I'd usually do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭worded

Some ideas after a google .... Cinema get the thumbs up but I don't agree.
    There are lots of other ideas on the link below

Some people who like cinema are not good at conversation I find.
    Do you want a partner like that? Cinema non stop .... Mmm boring

Coffee dates seem to keep appearing as high hitters

http://www.lovepanky.com/flirting-flings/dating-game/first-date-ideas-to-wow-your-date

I'd normally do something fairly casual like a coffee date (even if I don't drink coffee, lol). Some of my more successful dates have been.

loads more fish in the sea..no pun intended if its POF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Sorry to hear K. Sometimes when theres no connection with someone then it will feel awkward and the cinema probably isnt the best spot for a first date anyway.

So a lad i used to know gets back in contact over the weekend. Texting away. Asks to call over i tell him no.
    He asks is it because its my time of the month! !
    Says it all doesn't it.

So a lad i used to know gets back in contact over the weekend. Texting away. Asks to call over i tell him no.
    Says it all doesn't it.

It doesn't have to be about sex all the time but for so many, that's all they seem to care about.

It doesn't have to be about sex all the time but for so many, that's all they seem to care about.

Kinda doesn't make you feel good about yourself.

There is a reason he is in your past , you don't need him, he isn't good for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭CarpeDiem85

Says it all doesn't it.

Poor Deise. I get those kind of messages a lot too. Delete delete delete.

• Advertisement

Kinda doesn't make you feel good about yourself.

Your so much better than what he thinks of you, sending hugs your way and a big mwah :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement