Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Singles thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I personally think ye are all sound and I'm sending hugs to ye all :)

So True :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Autosport wrote: »
    So True :)

Thanks for that AS. Its good advice but can be hard to follow. How have you been lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

some of ye guys think to hard... being in a relationship isn't the be all and end all... theres a big world out there, go enjoy it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭deise08

Any body want to do anything Saturday?

deise08 wrote: »

I'm all yours deise, what have you in mind for us. ðŸ˜

I'm game for that, haha. What are you thinking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Jaysus I'm at home too......but have a Communion to go to :rolleyes:

great..I just shaved my back..ill be ready:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

What part of the country you thinking of meeting in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Hello to all in here tonight.

chrysagon wrote: »
    some of ye guys think to hard... being in a relationship isn't the be all and end all... theres a big world out there, go enjoy it!

I agree with this, for me there is too much pressure being put on people meeting the right one and a lot of it from the media.

people don't just go out to enjoy themselves anymore, there's a mission attached to it by either society, friends or personal pressure they put on themselves. Technology has the art of conversation ruined as well i think.

People never leave their phones down and hide on them if they are alone for a split second, never offers a good opportunity to talk to people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭CarpeDiem85

Hope but never expect. Look forward but never wait.

I like that quote about love :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭CarpeDiem85

I would definitely do something with you if I lived closer :). Maybe you should take Chrysagon up on his advances :)

• Advertisement

Hope but never expect. Look forward but never wait.

I like that quote about love :)

The secret to a happy life. Dont expect too much. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Expect less, achieve more. :)

I'm a meme generator. How is everyone?

eternal wrote: »
    I'm a meme generator. How is everyone?

Tired stressed, feeling undervalued at work. Apart from that fine. Hows you Eternal?

mg1982 wrote: »
    Tired stressed, feeling undervalued at work. Apart from that fine. Hows you Eternal?

I'm ok. Maybe have some sleep and ignore the people at work?

• Advertisement

I'm ok. Maybe have some sleep and ignore the people at work?

Think i will, thanks E.

Think i will, thanks E.

I miss working with people though I know it has its bad days too.

I miss working with people though I know it has its bad days too.

Work is great if your in a job that you enjoy and with people you can get on with. It just wasnt a good day today and im probably not suited to it anyway.

Work is great if your in a job that you enjoy and with people you can get on with. It just wasnt a good day today and im probably not suited to it anyway.

That's just one day though. A lot can change in a day or two. No matter what job you have there will be times that you wonder why you even bother. I suppose there has to be a hunger for it to keep you going and if there isn't then it seems meaningless.

That's just one day though. A lot can change in a day or two. No matter what job you have there will be times that you wonder why you even bother. I suppose there has to be a hunger for it to keep you going and if there isn't then it seems meaningless.

There have been too many days like this so I think a career change is on the horizon for me.

There have been too many days like this so I think a career change is on the horizon for me.

I didn't think I'd be going back to college for the second time to completely retrain but I had to do it. Even doing my exams I see people in their 70s doing degrees and there has been proved to be a higher success rate in Postgraduate education with people over 50. It would get you thinking.

I didn't think I'd be going back to college for the second time to completely retrain but I had to do it. Even doing my exams I see people in their 70s doing degrees and there has been proved to be a higher success rate in Postgraduate education with people over 50. It would get you thinking.

People in there 70s wow. You got to admire there get up and go. Its definitley something i will have to think about. I guess its never too late too retrain in something else.

People in there 70s wow. You got to admire there get up and go. Its definitley something i will have to think about. I guess its never too late too retrain in something else.

You wouldn't know a person's circumstance. Like if a partner died and they needed to find an escape and somehow they find it through learning. It's an option for some while other people might take up voluntary work. Don't ever let the pretense of something hold you back from what you want.

You wouldn't know a person's circumstance. Like if a partner died and they needed to find an escape and somehow they find it through learning. It's an option for some while other people might take up voluntary work. Don't ever let the pretense of something hold you back from what you want.

You never know what reasons are behind it. For me it would just to study something that would interest me and get a decent job from.

You never know what reasons are behind it. For me it would just to study something that would interest me and get a decent job from.

You wouldn't be working at 70 though. You don't have to study anyway to have a new career. A lot would depend on money and you would have to be prepared for change.

• Advertisement

You wouldn't be working at 70 though. You don't have to study anyway to have a new career. A lot would depend on money and you would have to be prepared for change.

And the older you get the more daunting change can be but you have to be brave. Going to get some shut eye. Night eternal and thanks for the advice.

And the older you get the more daunting change can be but you have to be brave. Going to get some shut eye. Night eternal and thanks for the advice.

I'm only ranting a little. G'nite :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

I haven't even had a sniff of a date other than that text!

Ha ha the dating is takin a permanent break from me!
    Na i just couldn't be bothered anymore.

:/

Don't be like that deise!!!!

How's everyone....are ye all still single

Hi Tom, how are you? Still single here, I'm gonna concentrate on me for now and if anything happens it does :)

Evening all

what a motley crew of single renegades

Hi Tom, how are you? Still single here, I'm gonna concentrate on me for now and if anything happens it does :)

Evening all

Flake it....your right too

I've a friend who is after getting engaged this evening....but shush we've to keep it quiet as I'm going to another friends engagement party this weekend aswell :)

But fcuk it after a month of that online dating properly thing.(few dates and all :eek: )...I'm still very much single and while its grand....I wouldn't mind not being the only single in my friends even if just for a few months....though I guess it'll have to wait a bit now as it'll be a few more weeks before I get a night out..outside of Waterford again :)

Flake it....your right too

I've a friend who is after getting engaged this evening....but shush we've to keep it quiet as I'm going to another friends engagement party this weekend aswell :)

But fcuk it after a month of that online dating properly thing.(few dates and all :eek: )...I'm still very much single and while its grand....I wouldn't mind not being the only single in my friends even if just for a few months....though I guess it'll have to wait a bit now as it'll be a few more weeks before I get a night out..outside of Waterford again :)

At least you got a few dates out of it. How did they go, any potential second or third dates?

At least you got a few dates out of it. How did they go, any potential second or third dates?

Grand like....potential second on one or two of them.(though one I'd love to if she'd get the time)...but I dunno it's hard to knuckle down as your msging one and there's always another along to msg

Though I was msging a wan on it from Latvia....but in Ireland a wicked long time (prob has better English than me:) ) though she just stopped replying...but then yesterday just started again like....but I dunno I'm taking a break now for a week or ten days at least like....

Though I do think maybe it's better to meet wand out/in public as it gets tiresome msging away the same kinda get to know you conversations....but has to be done I guess as I'll not meet anyone through work and have limited enough hobbies/social life

How's everyone anyways

Grand like....potential second on one or two of them.(though one I'd love to if she'd get the time)...but I dunno it's hard to knuckle down as your msging one and there's always another along to msg

Though I was msging a wan on it from Latvia....but in Ireland a wicked long time (prob has better English than me:) ) though she just stopped replying...but then yesterday just started again like....but I dunno I'm taking a break now for a week or ten days at least like....

Though I do think maybe it's better to meet wand out/in public as it gets tiresome msging away the same kinda get to know you conversations....but has to be done I guess as I'll not meet anyone through work and have limited enough hobbies/social life

How's everyone anyways

Its better to meet somone in real life. Online dating can seem like a game to some so can be frustrating allright. But as you said if you dont have a good social circle to go out with its hard.

Things arent to bad, been worse been better. Thread has gotten quiet lately.

• Advertisement

Yea it has gotten very quiet here, I swear I don't smell :D

Its better to meet somone in real life. Online dating can seem like a game to some so can be frustrating allright. But as you said if you dont have a good social circle to go out with its hard.

Any dates???!

Is everyone else off roideing each other....while I'm all aloneo :(

Any dates???!

Im beginning to think there all gone off on some orgy meet up without telling me. :mad:

Any dates???!

To oneself be true :)

nope I was here but I think I'm scaring posters :(

And in other news what colour shall I paint my nails :D

That's the issue I have now. Have pretty much lost my social circle now so I'm finding myself increasingly alone. Feels like I'm just living to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Any dates???!

Nah sadly, my excuse is im too busy lately

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

No riding Of any description here anyway.

Feeling pretty lonely tonight for some reason

White and blue ;)

ive no excuse except the excuse of excuseswhat colour you painting those nails auto

heyday30 wrote: »
    No riding Of any description here anyway.

Feeling pretty lonely tonight for some reason

How you doing ;)

Your not scaring anyone AS. We are delighted to have you here. :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement