Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Touch site bug with safari

Options
  • 07-03-2015 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭

I'm having a regular bug issue with the Due January 2015 thread. About once a week when I post the page gets stuck at my response. I get emails to say that there are new posts, I go to the touch site on my phone but when I click on the thread (which is showing as new posts) it goes to the last page of posts stopping at mine and doesn't show any of the new ones. I'm on an iPhone 5 with iOS 8.1.2. Clearing the history/browsing data, restarting, closing the tab, force closing safari etc none of that works to fix it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Boards.ie: Chris

Hi mw, does this happen on every post you make to that particular thread? And can I ask if you're using mobile data or wifi when making these posts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Wifi primarily but I'll keep an eye and see if it's on 3G too. It's not every post, it's working now. When I posted this it wasn't working

Same problem on that thread again this morning. Bumped back to the top of the last page instead of the last post and even when I scroll down the latest posts are missing. I can get then when I log out

I've had this issue on various threads over the last while and it seems to eventually fix itself. However I think that it happens if I press 'back' in the browser across the post creation page. Not sure if it's a timing thing or every time but I've stopped pressing back after posting and so far it hasn't happened again

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement