Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new asus notebook not recognised by google play

Options
  • 07-03-2015 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I have a new Asus x551ca and when i try to download google play or netflix it says it is already installed on my device. However the only devices showing are my HTC one and my old HTC desire. Can anyone help me its driving me nuts! Have googled for hours on the subject with no satisfactory answer. Any advice most welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

jumpyone wrote: »
    I have a new Asus x551ca and when i try to download google play or netflix it says it is already installed on my device. However the only devices showing are my HTC one and my old HTC desire. Can anyone help me its driving me nuts! Have googled for hours on the subject with no satisfactory answer. Any advice most welcome.

Have you tried deleting the old phone from the account to see if that makes a difference?
    (also, and not being smart here, are both apps maybe preinstalled on the Asus)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jumpyone

I have tried deleting phones but doesn't seem to work. And they don't seem to be pre-installed as when I search apps I can't find them. Would it have anything to do with the fact that it runs with windows 8? Although I have installed Google chrome. (Don't even know if that's relevant!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Windows 8 = Windows Store, Android = Google Play Store. Different things!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭johnnybmac

You'll need an android emulator of some kind to have Google Play work in windows.

Something like Bluestacks should do the trick...

degsie wrote: »

Thanks. Now i feel really stupid. I thought anything that wasnt an "i" something was android! If id known that i never would have purchased the thing. I dont like windows 8! Thanks again for clearing it up.

• Advertisement

degsie wrote: »

Thanks. Now i feel really stupid. I thought anything that wasnt an "i" something was android! If id known that i never would have purchased the thing. I dont like windows 8! Thanks again for clearing it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭johnnybmac

You're not alone in not liking Windows 8.

A simple and more importantly "Free" solution to that horrible tiled interface, would be to install Classic Shell. Basically, this makes Win8 look and work almost exactly like windows 7...

Advertisement