Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin satnav in Limerick

• 07-03-2015 7:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭

Bought a satnav a few months back with full europe maps. It seems a lot fo locations in Limerick are missing... Westbury doesn't exist apparently. Doesn't seem to have any details on terraces with separate numbering like on the Farranshone Road or Westfields on the North Circular Road.

All the maps are up to date. It's dreadful.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I remember when I was buying a garmin sat nav I had a choice between UK & Ireland maps or European wide. I was advised UK & Ireland if I was primarily using it in Ireland as the European ones leave out a lot of roads, mainly side roads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Jofspring wrote: »
    I remember when I was buying a garmin sat nav I had a choice between UK & Ireland maps or European wide. I was advised UK & Ireland if I was primarily using it in Ireland as the European ones leave out a lot of roads, mainly side roads.

Well, that's not true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Jofspring

testicle wrote: »
    Well, that's not true.

Well that's what I was told a few years back and based on the OP it seems to be the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Jofspring wrote: »
    Well that's what I was told a few years back and based on the OP it seems to be the case.
    Wow, so I pay for more and I get less? Anyway, needed to use it yesterday. Ended up getting GPS coordinates from google maps and using them on the device.

Bought a satnav a few months back with full europe maps. It seems a lot fo locations in Limerick are missing... Westbury doesn't exist apparently. Doesn't seem to have any details on terraces with separate numbering like on the Farranshone Road or Westfields on the North Circular Road.

You say the maps are up to date, but are they really? What version are they?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I can confirm that Westbury does exist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

Take it back to the shop and look for a refund.

I can confirm that Westbury does exist.
    Exists in reality or on another garmin device?

phog wrote: »
    Take it back to the shop and look for a refund.
    Bought it from Amazon, not sure I am going to get any better than this..

You say the maps are up to date, but are they really? What version are they?
    2015.30 full europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

Bought it from Amazon, not sure I am going to get any better than this..

I can't see how a new Sat Nav can be sold with parts of a city missing from their maps. I wouldn't accept it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Maybe post over on the dedicated GPS forum, I'm sure there are some very knowledgeable guys over there who might be able to explain it.

bazz26 wrote: »
    Maybe post over on the dedicated GPS forum, I'm sure there are some very knowledgeable guys over there who might be able to explain it.
    Good idea :)

Here.com uses the same maps as Garmin, and as you can see Westbury exists on it.

Here.com uses the same maps as Garmin, and as you can see Westbury exists on it.
    Grianan/Bruachlan are not there. Even Westbury does not come up on a search on the device.

Advertisement