If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phillips stereo power cable

Options
  • 07-03-2015 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

I have a philips stereo which I loaned to a relative. They subsequently lost the power cable. I thought it would be straight forward to replace but it appears not. The model number is MCB204/05. Could you fine me a replacement one? It has a circular connection and the external supply is DC13V 1.4A. Don't know if that's any help?
    Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi it's not something we would carry in stock but certainly I can enquire with our spares department as to availability and cost if you wish.  I assume it is the whole external power supply they have lost and not just the lead that connects it to the plug socket

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Bear83

Hi it's not something we would carry in stock but certainly I can enquire with our spares department as to availability and cost if you wish.  I assume it is the whole external power supply they have lost and not just the lead that connects it to the plug socket

Yes will you please enquire as to availability and cost? It was just only one cable that ran from socket to the connection at the back of the stereo as far as I remember.

Yes will you please enquire as to availability and cost? It was just only one cable that ran from socket to the connection at the back of the stereo as far as I remember.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

leave it with me I will email our spares department and get a price and PM you.  It can take a few days to hear back from them as it's one chap who looks after all the Richer Sounds stores

Regards Stephen

leave it with me I will email our spares department and get a price and PM you.  It can take a few days to hear back from them as it's one chap who looks after all the Richer Sounds stores

Regards Stephen

Thanks very much. It seems a waste of a perfectly good stereo system purely down to carelessness so hopefully it won't be too expensive to replace.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Bear - I have to be honest with you and even if the Philips replacement Power Supply was available I don't think it would be economical to purchase it as your system is getting on a little now and the Philips replacement even if available will likely cost more including shipping than your system is worth.

You could try to get a generic 13V power supply ( ie from Radionics / or eBay) but I cant see from the 204 manual what the actual PSU requirements are ( these may be on the rear of the unit which would be helpful) If you can pick up a universal / generic PSU from eBay this is probably the best option for you and hopefully it will be successful?

Keep us posted if we can assist and apologies we can't be more helpful on this specific issue,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew  

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Bear - I have to be honest with you and even if the Philips replacement Power Supply was available I don't think it would be economical to purchase it as your system is getting on a little now and the Philips replacement even if available will likely cost more including shipping than your system is worth.

You could try to get a generic 13V power supply ( ie from Radionics / or eBay) but I cant see from the 204 manual what the actual PSU requirements are ( these may be on the rear of the unit which would be helpful) If you can pick up a universal / generic PSU from eBay this is probably the best option for you and hopefully it will be successful?

Keep us posted if we can assist and apologies we can't be more helpful on this specific issue,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew  
    No problem John

Thanks for letting me know. I have an external harddrive with a 12v cable I think. This will power it but i'm getting mixed reaction to whether this is ok to use. I think it's time for a new stereo.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.