Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tv for €1000

• 07-03-2015 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

Okay, so my parents are looking to get a new tv, and I'm hoping the knowledgable people in here can help. I'm sure a lot of people come in with similar requests, so appreciate any help.

They have Sky HD, so need a tv that's good for watching sports. Where is best to buy? Online? Retail store like Harvey Norman, DID etc? Would like it to be 50' anyway.

Budget is around €1000 and thanks again

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

You'll get a very good tv for 1k. Like's of this Sony's a lovely set http://www.currys.ie/Product/sony-bravia-kdl50w829bbu-smart-3d-50-led-tv/321398/397.0.2

You'd be near enough some alright UHD tvs for that money, whether or not they want it it would depend. That W8 is well priced there

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭JoeCole26

Thanks Peintre,

Had a look at this tv today in power city. Priced at €1199. Anyone any thoughts on this? Would I need a soundbar also to make full use of tv?

http://www.did.ie/tvs/samsung-55-smart-3d-curved-led-tv-ue55h6800-prd

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5 needto

Anybody know of a TV store where you can actually see a set working off an aerial and a dish. I need to buy a set which can receive both Saorview and Free-to-air satellite transmissions and makes it easy to switch between the two. Most shops seem to just have demo connections from in-house sources so they can't show you how the TV would work at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,487 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

needto wrote: »
    Most shops seem to just have demo connections from in-house sources so they can't show you how the TV would work at home.

That's because all the profit is in selling TVs, most people have Sky or UPC so the electrical shops aren't interested in the FTA or combi boxes.

And using an inhouse signal guarantees a superb picture all day long - if they were showing terrestrial or satellite, there's always the risk that a prospective customer could walk in, see 'Little House on the Prairie' showing on a 50" 4K screen and walk straight out again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Panasonic vierra all the way. Make sure its a model build by panasonic and not outsourced. SONY Bravia looks good.

For a good image on sports, your looking for a high refresh rate and LED a must. Also a high viewing angle

• Advertisement
Advertisement