Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Resistance FoM ever get remade?

Options
  • 07-03-2015 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭

With all these HD remakes coming to PS4 such as The Last of Us, Tomb Raider, Devil May Cry, Saint's Row 4 do you think they will ever make a Definitive Edtion for Resistance Fall of Man?... It was probably the first PS3 game most users played apart from Motorstorm which would do pretty well with a remake aswell if they added split screen... I personally think Resistance Fall of Man was the best FPS game I have ever played with the exception of Modern Warfare 2... The fact that you could allow players to search for games which included certain weapons and if it was 1 hit kill just amazed me... I literally won't forget the hours I spent playing 1 hit kill with the shotgun and the fun I had playing with some of the people I met over it... Creating clans and having clan matches was alot of fun also... A remake of this game in my opinion needs to be done, I would lash out 60euro just to play it again and hope that others would do the same so the servers would be full...

Anyone else feel the same or is it just me?... I miss this game, and they really messed up Resistance 2 but Resistance 3 was alright... Possibly a remake of the trilogy might be worthwhile?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DJ90

My first PS3 game. The amount of hours I put into it. I Actually feel like buying it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

DJ90 wrote: »
    My first PS3 game. The amount of hours I put into it. I Actually feel like buying it again!

I literally recall the day I got my PS3 it was a surprise.. I came home one day and the PS3 sitting in my room I was like OMG awesome... Then I saw Motorstorm on top I was like cool then I lifted the console and there was Resistance and I literally went mad about the place... I played Resistance about 10-15 hours a week at minimum thats how good it was... Lately it's hard to find a game that you can put that amount of time into but Resistance was just far too good especially for it's time..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Best leave this one to be forgotten I say. It was a really mediocre game on release which looked really poor to boot and did more to harm the PS3 than anything really. The only real entertainment it brought was the Sony fanboys trying to defend it and a HD remake would lose that. Would require a pretty hefty remaking as well since the original game looked like an upscalex PS2 game. Maybe a nice collection of the 3 resistance games would make more sense but I'd be giving FoM a miss.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Best leave this one to be forgotten I say. It was a really mediocre game on release which looked really poor to boot and did more to harm the PS3 than anything really. The only real entertainment it brought was the Sony fanboys trying to defend it and a HD remake would lose that. Would require a pretty hefty remaking as well since the original game looked like an upscalex PS2 game. Maybe a nice collection of the 3 resistance games would make more sense but I'd be giving FoM a miss.

What was so mediocore about choosing the weapons and how you play the game?... I felt the fact you could go into a server with 1 hit kill on a certain weapon was amazing... Since then has any other game tried it?.. I don't think so... To me, whom is a massive fan of FPS games the only thing that is so annoying about Call of Duty (which let's get this straight is the most successful FPS out there yet their will be alot of haters) is the fact you can't choose things like what weapons are allowed and whether or not it is 1 shot 1 kill... The whole fun with Resistance was mainly because they allowed the players to decide what they wanted to play... Years after it's release people where still playing it and rightly so... For the first few years on PS3 anyways nothing came close to as good as that game... The only game that did was Modern Warfare 2... It certainly in my opinion wouldn't be a game to be forgotten it trumps literally every PS4 launch title by a mile and is one of the greatest exclusives I have ever played (apart from Uncharted)...

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

What was so mediocore about choosing the weapons and how you play the game?... I felt the fact you could go into a server with 1 hit kill on a certain weapon was amazing... Since then has any other game tried it?.. I don't think so... To me, whom is a massive fan of FPS games the only thing that is so annoying about Call of Duty (which let's get this straight is the most successful FPS out there yet their will be alot of haters) is the fact you can't choose things like what weapons are allowed and whether or not it is 1 shot 1 kill... The whole fun with Resistance was mainly because they allowed the players to decide what they wanted to play... Years after it's release people where still playing it and rightly so... For the first few years on PS3 anyways nothing came close to as good as that game... The only game that did was Modern Warfare 2... It certainly in my opinion wouldn't be a game to be forgotten it trumps literally every PS4 launch title by a mile and is one of the greatest exclusives I have ever played (apart from Uncharted)...

Each to their own... horses for courses, etc. I enjoyed it but don't want a remake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

I tried to play it, a good few years after release and its a pretty boring game. Maybe some of you folk are suffering from launch-title-itis. I would buy a Resistance Collection though, but I could only see that happening if a fourth was to be released, which isn't likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

Insomniac parted ways with Sony so I'm going to guess no, plus they partnered up with Microsoft for Sunset Overdrive, so they will most likely only release xbox one exclusive from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

gazzamc wrote: »
    Insomniac parted ways with Sony so I'm going to guess no, plus they partnered up with Microsoft for Sunset Overdrive, so they will most likely only release xbox one exclusive from now on.

Nope, they have just decided to go multi platform. Plus Sony are clever and generally own the IP of their first party/second party studios, so they will own the Resistance IP. They could hand the remastering duties to one of their studios if they really wanted to.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

rizzla wrote: »
    Nope, they have just decided to go multi platform. Plus Sony are clever and generally own the IP of their first party/second party studios, so they will own the Resistance IP. They could hand the remastering duties to one of their studios if they really wanted to.

Yea most likely, but I doubt there's many out there looking for another resistance and/or HD remake.. If anything it would be Uncharted that would get a HD upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Liked the weapons and the odd functions they've got as with most Insomniac games, but rather a new games since the first one wasn't great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Wasnt mad on it, thought it did look fantastic at the time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

.ak wrote: »
    Wasnt mad on it, thought it did look fantastic at the time.

I wouldn't even go that far, thought it looked really poor especially considering the top 360 titles like Gears of War which looked far better and offered something new unlike Resistance. There was a pretty pathetic attempt by Insomniac to try and convince people the game was amazing looking, stuff like saying it filled half a blu Ray (only to be pointed out it was mostly due to uncompressed audio) and showing the amount of spikes that came out of a grenade by pausing it. The real excuse was it was a launch title rushed out to meet a launch where the developer hadn't even finalised hardware until a few weeks before launch, entirely understandable. Sony however had to deal with the fact that their top game came no where near to the visual quality of what the 360 offered which was a much cheaper machine and threw Insomniac under the bus to try and defend it.

The game has a much more interesting history behind it than it is to actually play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Resistance 3 is one of my favourite FPS's of all time. FOM is still good, but kinda eh. Maybe they'd do a remastering, gauge interest in a sequel or whatever but probably not a remake.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

Resistance 3 is a very good game... Single player is good fun.

Resistance 3 was good enough, but they never bought back the will to change to 1 hit kill etc from the first so I just lost interest in it... Fall of Man is best played with a few friends...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭IrishSkyBoxer

It is the kill zone of the ps4 launch

It is the kill zone of the ps4 launch

Ah that's a bit harsh. It's a bit meh not utter ****e like Killzone!

Actually Killzone 2 is probably the most overrated game this gen. The campaign is so utterly bland, tiny levels filled with the same space nazis. Yawn.

Advertisement