Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative to Garmin GSC10

Options
  • 08-03-2015 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Hi all,

I bought the Garmin GSC10 speed & cadence monitor but can't fit it to my bike due to how the rear brake cable lies on the back frame. No amount of tweaking can resolve this for me.

I'm looking for an alternative that will talk to my Garmin 610. Apparently the newer individual speed and cadence pieces from Garmin won't play nicely with my 610.

Is there an alternative out there or would I have to change my device in order to get compatibility??

Many thanks in advance for any responses

The Rook.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

What bike have you? The cs goes on the chain stay, shouldn't be a brake cable near there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

+1 are you sure you have it installed right?

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭The Rook

Hi, I have a trek cross rip elite, the cable runs along the rear chain stay, it's the bane of my life while trying to install the gsc10!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Could you not install it on the bottom of the chainstay then?

Fair enough, never seen one like that before.

If it's a Trek, does it not have a space for the Trek duotrap sensor?

• Advertisement

@iwillhtfu - in order to get the three parts of the monitor aligned I need to put the pedal magnet on the crank arm in such a position that it rubs against the cable with each rotation. So upside down or right side up the issue remains the same unfortunately!!

@pointer28: will give that a look.

Unfortunately the newer speed and cadence sensors don't connect to the FR610 so if I can't find another sensor that connects to a 610 then I might have to get a new device....

Just buy a power meter, that'll do speed and cadence for you ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

The Rook wrote: »
    @iwillhtfu - in order to get the three parts of the monitor aligned I need to put the pedal magnet on the crank arm in such a position that it rubs against the cable with each rotation. So upside down or right side up the issue remains the same unfortunately!!

@pointer28: will give that a look.

Unfortunately the newer speed and cadence sensors don't connect to the FR610 so if I can't find another sensor that connects to a 610 then I might have to get a new device....

Other stay?

The 610 isn't really designed for use with bikes

Yeah, quickly realising that alright Tunney!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

one other option. get one of the little magnets that fit into the hole where the pedal screws into the crank arm, i got one of those for my bike when i lost the raised magnet that comes with the cadence sensor. these ones are much flatter, and might not cause you an issue. got mine on ebay

• Advertisement
Advertisement