Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Japanese imported Honda Jazz- Opinions

Options
  • 08-03-2015 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi all,

I am looking for 2008 Honda Jazz (Fit) 1.3L automatic car and I found that most of the cars available in the market are Japanese imported cars. I have shortlisted couple of these cars but before making the final decision, need your opinion/comments/any word of caution. Any issue with insurance/maintenance/availability of parts etc? Although cars are in excellent condition and I couldn't fine any apparent issue, but any advice what I need to check before finalizing the deal?

Your comments/advice will be highly appreciated.

--Mac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,587 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The original radios will not work here and they would normally not come with immobilizers so attract thieves. Mostly the parts will be the same although the bumpers may not be. Some insurers may not insure them, best contact them first to confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Parts are easily got and there is an abundance of these imported over here so locating a replacement bumper would not be too problematic, as said picking up the radio over here is a problem but you can purchase a signal booster that fixes that. I have found insurance companies the biggest issue as some of them have the we dont insure imports line but its always possible to get insured, just looking at the amount of Japanese imported Micras and Yaris on the school run means it might not be too hard at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 491 ✭✭Dozer Dave

It being a jdm will it not have any rear fog light? I know its not an nct issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It won't have a rear fog, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 macshah

Thank you guys for your responses. I have decided to take the plunge and go ahead with it. Hopefully it will be OK :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement