Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letterkenny Info

Options
  • 08-03-2015 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey, just looking general information on letterkenny, we are looking to buy a house down there, I'm married with 2 kids so looking a good area. I've read alot of posts on long lane but from several years ago, does the shoe still fit?

Also how's the lifestyle there? Are there good play schools and schools?

Employment any good? I work in buncrana but would likely be more comfortable working closer to home if we did decide to move there.....

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I grew up in Orchard Grove and went to school at Woodlands National. Couldn't recommend either enough. Up towards Lisnennan is also a great area. If you've the funds, The Golf Course road was always the fanciest part of town!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Is advise you to buy on the outskirts of the town. Long lane still to be avoided, it's probably worse now than it was a few years ago. Ballymacool woods should be avoided also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Is advise you to buy on the outskirts of the town. Long lane still to be avoided, it's probably worse now than it was a few years ago. Ballymacool woods should be avoided also.

I concur.

Advertisement