Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new car

Options
  • 08-03-2015 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

hi all , i am looking to buy a new car. this will be my 2nd car having had a 03 vw golf which has served me well. My budget now is 9000 but i would be willing to hold out for a couple of more weeks to get it to 12000 if needed. I dont know a whole pile about cars so am looking for some help. so far the conclusions i have come to are a bmw 5 series or an audi a4. It would have to be diesel. right now i am looking at bmw along the lines of the one in the first link below but am worried of the timing chain issues which is putting me off buying a bmw is there any bmw between 05 and 09 that dont have this issue, my second option would be to hold out a few more weeks for an audi such as the 2nd link but they tend to have high mileage if i spend 12000 on a car surely is should expect less mileage than 120000 miles or is that ok? i have my heart set on a bmw or audi but would listen to other recomendations also should i buy from a dealer or privately and how much should i expect to haggle a dealer down to ? any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 lfc13

sorry cant post links , the first car was a 06 bmw 320d se for 8500, and the second an 08 audi a4 tdi 143bhp se for 11500

• Registered Users Posts: 4,450 ✭✭✭Rigsby

lfc13 wrote: »
    hi all , i am looking to buy a new car

...on the "Music" forum... ?????:confused: :pac:

You Need www.adverts.ie or www.gumtree.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Best to post in motors forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Music... Motors...

In fairness, Ive confused worse :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

As for a choice between a BMW and an Audi? Id go the Audi. Bit ligher on diesel and while theyre both complex, spendy machines, the Audi is less on both than the BM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,450 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Music... Motors...

In fairness, Ive confused worse :o

Ah.. ! you poor thing.. !!! Life can indeed get a bit confusing at times.

Not to worry....perhaps a little lie down might help ? :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement