Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garmin nuvi in Limerick

• 08-03-2015 2:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭

Hey, so I bought this satnav a few months back with full europe maps. I've found that there seems to be a *lot* of locations in the Limerick area which do not come up in a search.

I emailed them and was told to log an issue with their mapping team. Needless to say I didn't bother as I was pretty annoyed. What issue could I log? "Limerick is broken, pls fix".

Anyway, examples. Westbury... Where is it? A street that is over 10 years old isn't on it. None of the terraces in Farranshone... NCR is a joke, Westfields is missing.

Unless I am extremely special and I'm doing something wrong the maps are a joke.

Anyone else experience this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭qwas75

Have you tried Garmin's Loc8 codes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Not sure what they but I'll look it up. Need to resort to google maps to get the GPS coordinates and enter them instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭qwas75

Not sure what they but I'll look it up. Need to resort to google maps to get the GPS coordinates and enter them instead.

Take a look at their website http://www.myloc8ion.com
    Helped me quite a lot in the past. How it works:
    1 - type in your destination(it will show up on the map)
    2 - move the pin to the desired position (when you zoom in to the max you can even see house numbers)
    3 - Hit "get the code" button, enter the code into your Garmin and you are ready to go.
    They also have apps for smartphones.

Hope it helps!

Advertisement