Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hear rate monitor with interval timer

Options
  • 08-03-2015 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

Hi looking for a HR for around the 100e mark. No need or interest in GPS. Was looking at the polar......rs300 fits exactly but gets poor reviews for the watch strap. F60m seems fine but no interval timer and you get a free subscription for online training for which I have no use. Other option is the polar f7. Cheaper but won't display hr and time at the same time...which is a big drawback.

Any opinions or experience of these? Anything I've missed?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Sean from AKW is an expert on these things and I am sure will volunteer his advice tomorrow when back in the "office"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

I never had any issue with my RS200 or 300 straps. What can happen is and did with my RCX5 is that constant wear and in and out of the pool can make the strap brittle and cause it to fail. 2 year warranty and Polar replace them no issue.

If you don't wear it 24/7 the strap will last as long as any other watch.

Re what you are looking for pretty much the whole Polar range is antiquated now with the introduction of the new series watches A300, M400, V800 and the bike V650.

In your shoes? Try and pick up a RCX3 on clearance. Tech is 2 years old rather than 6/7 as in the RS300.

Either that or hold out for the A300 to hit the shelves. Retail approx €130 and brand new tech with Activity monitor & HR (optional)

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ryder

Thanks. The rcx3 looks like a nice watch. ....don't know why I hadn't considered it before.

I don't know why polar can't make a simple hrm that displays hr and time on the same screen. Surely the market for those crappie training programs and calorie counters etc isn't that big

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Ryder wrote: »
    Thanks. The rcx3 looks like a nice watch. ....don't know why I hadn't considered it before.

I don't know why polar can't make a simple hrm that displays hr and time on the same screen. Surely the market for those crappie training programs and calorie counters etc isn't that big

Market is completely changed.

Polar launched the Loop last year and opened a whole new market for themselves. You only have to look at the plethora of smartwatches to see the trend.

More data to look at to justify less training ;)

Advertisement