Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 World Cup - Day 24 - Eng v Ban

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

That drop is gonna cost em

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭minitrue

Prior to the tv review, there was always benefit of the doubt to the batsman. Now it's a lottery when it is marginal on the footage. I really think they need to extend the DRS protocol to these decisions in the sense that the on-field umpire(s) have to make a decision, then the footage can be used to see if there is clear evidence to overturn the decision. And while we are at it I'd restore the benefit of the doubt to the batsman though given the balance of the bat Vs ball we have been seeing in the limited overs formats I wouldn't care if they reversed it to say doubt means out, either way the marginal stuff needs some clearer guidelines for consistency.

I wouldn't have given that out, certainly not clear that the top of the bat was off the ground when the bails came off.

And now Iqbal drops an easy one and maybe hands E&W their qualification?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,570 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Can we loan them Cusack for an over?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,767 ✭✭✭abff

He's gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Bowled im!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Eng have this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    That drop is gonna cost em

Maybe not, some ball that

Eng have this.

Or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

commentators even said bowl it straight as Broad leaves the stumps exposed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

oh-oh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

up to 5 shots at Anderson

• Registered Users Posts: 5,767 ✭✭✭abff

It's over! England out.

Wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

They're gone.

Manage to repeatedly mess things up!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

A great inside job by Morgan!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

Brilliant!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

surely the end of Morgan?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Talk about delivering under pressure, that bowler there. And what relief for the guy who dropped the catch 5 minutes ago - he'd have been haunted & reminded of that all his life otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

We'll take Morgan back as water carrier

surely the end of Morgan?

I would imagine so.

Not just the tournament failure, he hasn't done it on the crease.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Gone, had to take too many chances. I'm afraid Eoin Morgan will take a lot of flack for a while..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

I never thought I'd see the day when Ireland won more matches at a CWC than the likes of England . It has been a great decade for Irish cricket

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

BarryD wrote: »
    Gone, had to take too many chances. I'm afraid Eoin Morgan will take a lot of flack for a while..

As he should, he has been absolutely awful all competition. His 17 of 47 against NZ was ugly and compounded by a stupid slog to get out which sparked a collapse. He also limped to 27 of 47 against Lanka on a road which was a key reason why England posted a below score to defend.

Today, a duck in a must win game.

If England are serious about limited overs cricket, Moores needs to go, anotther World Cup and they have been a laughing stock and left early.

Get Gillespie in.

Credit to the Deshi's. They played brilliantly and deserved the win!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

BarryD wrote: »

Great, we'll take him back, but he'd have to be fully our of the England set-up for prob 2 years before that happens...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

"Did u hear the one about the England World Cup cricket team captained by an Irishman?"
    "An Irishman?! They must have been shocking."
    "Ah no. They beat Scotaland."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Great match, great bowling and batting performance from Tigers. I thought match was over when they lost 2 wickets.

I think it's a pity England went.

We should surely stand up for the other underdogs and rank outsiders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

Hopefully that is the end of ODI careers for all of England's players except Root and Butler.......

England need a FRESH start ..... Make Root the captain ...... No more Boparas and Broads and Ballances and Morgans FFS

Well done Bangladesh ..... I take back everything I said about them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

Dickerty wrote: »
    Great, we'll te him back, but he'd have to be fully our of the England set-up for prob 2 years before that happens...

Why would you want him back???..... He has been very poor as a batsman for a long time and from the looks of it an uninspiring captain too

Advertisement