Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C'Land Wood crime

Options
  • 08-03-2015 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Last week I drove in to the Wood (lower estate) and a Garda car was parked outside one of the corner houses. I didn't think much of it but later that day I spotted a car windscreen repair van outside the same house and putting 2 and 2 together I guess their was a break in to their car. Perhaps not outside their house but then again perhaps so.

Today I drove in and a Garda car is across from that house on the other side of the green area. They appeared to be looking at the front of the house. Again perhaps there's nothing in that.

But does anyone know is there a recent increase in crime in the area? I think it would be worthwhile to go and ask in the barracks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Haven't seen anything, haven't heard anything.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

FirstIn wrote: »
    Last week I drove in to the Wood (lower estate) and a Garda car was parked outside one of the corner houses. I didn't think much of it but later that day I spotted a car windscreen repair van outside the same house and putting 2 and 2 together I guess their was a break in to their car. Perhaps not outside their house but then again perhaps so.

Today I drove in and a Garda car is across from that house on the other side of the green area. They appeared to be looking at the front of the house. Again perhaps there's nothing in that.

But does anyone know is there a recent increase in crime in the area? I think it would be worthwhile to go and ask in the barracks.

A house was broken in to. The front downstairs window was pulled off to get access. (Midd terrace)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Okay, I have heard of this before - this can happen to any window which can be prised open. You might see the 'charity' bag delivers walking around putting leaflets in your door. This provides time for the person to look through windows to see if there is anyone about, and if there is a laptop or handbag which is in easy reach. Lesson: close curtains and blinds.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Advertisement