Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iTunes and iCloud

• 08-03-2015 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

Hey there, not sure if anyone can help me.
    I've recently bought a new laptop and set up iTunes on it. Now, some of my music has been automatically added to the iCloud (or maybe I ticked a box somewhere along the way!) but almost half of it isn't on the cloud. It's really frustrating and confusing.

Is it possible to pull it all off the cloud and keep it locally on my pc and then once it's all together and I know I have all my tracks in one place maybe put it back up on the cloud (although, I'm not too bothered about it going back onto the cloud...)

Previously, when I set up itunes on my last laptop I didn't realise about the cloud and I uploaded all the music on my pc with resulted in over 1,000 songs being duplicated in my itunes with the result I never synced my phone to it as there wasn't space for the 2,500+ songs! I don't want to end up doing the same again, so I just want to take everything off the cloud and have it all in one place so I can see exactly what music I have and I only have one copy of everything......

Any help or advise??

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Unless you’ve subscribed to iTunes Match, the only music in the cloud will be tracks purchased from the iTunes Store (iTunes in the Cloud). Neither iTunes Match nor iTunes in the Cloud should result in duplicates.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

No, the duplicates come when I upload my music from the folders on my pc into itunes, but the folders contain music files for songs that are already in my itunes account cause of the cloud.
    This time around I haven't uploaded anything from folders yet. I've just opened my account and itunes automatically shows everything on my cloud. But I don't want to have to sit and spend ages comparing what's in my itunes already versus what's in the folders on my hard drive. I want to just do one big import and have all my music on itunes.

I figured the best way to do this was to download everything off my cloud merge the cloud stuff with the folders on my hard drive and then upload everything......

Under itunes in my folders I have iTunes Media and iTunes Music. They both have music in them - how do I know where the files from my iTunes application are saved??

Basically, I suppose what I want to do is go back to normal and remove everything from my iCloud - how do I do that??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Disable “Show iTunes in the Cloud purchases” in iTunes preferences > Store.

Advertisement