Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Smart Tv not working with Vodafone Router

Options
  • 08-03-2015 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm hoping someone might be able to help me. I recently changed my broadband provider from Imagine (max 3 Mbps and terrible streaming) to Vodafone (60 - 70 mbps and seemingly plenty speed for streaming).

However, now my Samsung Smart TV is constantly dropping the Wifi signal and generally not playing nice with the Vodafone router for some reason. With my previous router, all Smart TV apps such as BBC Player and Netflix worked (apart from poor speed issues with Imagine).

Since I got the Vodafone in, it's a 10 minute ordeal to try get something streaming on 4 Player, and Netflix won't even open now and keeps giving me an error message. Incredibly frustrating.

I don't have Sky and watch everything through the Smart TV and thought getting a better broadband speed would be just the trick, apparently not. I use Overplay as a VPN provider to watch US Netflix and any other region specific apps.

I've tried changing the router channel and that doesn't seem to do anything.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to sort this it would be hugely appreciated and its pretty much unusable as it stands and really frustrating.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Get inssider on your laptop or a Wi-Fi analyser app for your smartphone, run it and carefully select the best channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Get inssider on your laptop or a Wi-Fi analyser app for your smartphone, run it and carefully select the best channel.

Thanks, I tried that and changed channel to 6 as suggested by app but no difference.

Broadband is working fine on every device in the house since getting Vodafone with the exception of TV. Can stream on Youtube on the TV but Netflix isn't working at all and keeps giving an error ui-113 (was giving nw-4-7 error earlier). Other apps work intermittently. Have tried reinstall apps too and no joy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

It could just be a poor wireless antenna with a poor signal, these things have an antenna smaller than a fingernail. Streaming is always better on ethernet, a set of homeplugs would be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Timfy

I found this... not sure if it relates to your issue but there does seem to be a lot of people claiming the same issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXKKJvd2MGc

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Timfy wrote: »
    I found this... not sure if it relates to your issue but there does seem to be a lot of people claiming the same issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXKKJvd2MGc

Cheers, I didn't have all the options of the 3 things he switched off in the video but I turned off the one I had, 'Anynet+(HDMI-CEC)', and that seems to have got Netflix working again. No idea what Anynet+ function is though.

BBC player doesn't seem to be working either but don't think it's anything to do with turning off that Anynet+ function, weirdness.

There's definitely some still disagreement between the Vodafone router and the Smart TV though as it keeps intermittently losing Wifi connection and I have to enter the login password again and again. Never had that issue with the previous router I used with Imagine Broadband.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

samsung smart TVs received a recent update that seriously screwed the wifi on them. May be the source of your problems

samsung smart TVs received a recent update that seriously screwed the wifi on them. May be the source of your problems

Had read about the Wifi giving trouble on them. Seems coincidental that it occurred just around the same time I got Vodafone Broadband. Maybe it is just the TV so everything else on the network seems fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 OsZa

Hi! I have Vodafone fibre and i`m using unblock-us for USA Netflix. Try this - before you switch Netflix on TV, go to netflix com on your PC and log in there. Save quick shortcut on your browser toolbar. That helps for me solve error problem.

Advertisement