Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 day publican license

Options
  • 08-03-2015 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Myself and my business partner are interested in purchasing a former 7 day licensed premises. Our intent is not to use it as a public house, rather office space etc however we feel it may be an alternative option if we can acquire a 7 day license.

How does one go about acquiring a 7 day license?
    Can you apply for a new license through the local district court?
    If so how much does it cost?
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭elastico

Physquik wrote: »
    Myself and my business partner are interested in purchasing a former 7 day licensed premises. Our intent is not to use it as a public house, rather office space etc however we feel it may be an alternative option if we can acquire a 7 day license.

You need to buy one on the open market and depending who you ask they seem to go from 50 -80K.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭jucko

Physquik wrote: »

once a licence ism removed,ie sold from a particular premises, that property cant be relicenced.
    May be wrong, but i may be right..

• Registered Users Posts: 11 onlyone

I agree, once a premises has been unlicensed, it cannot be licensed again. Part of the old policy to reduce numbers of pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

So how does a pub close, and then re-open again months later?

Just because its closed does not mean it has been unlicensed, the license may still be in existence, or lapsed, in which case it can be revived, by court order usually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

That's a bit of a myth about once your unlicensed you cannot be relicensed

We did exactly that approx 4 years ago with a Dublin city centre location

Courts had no issue with it and issued us with a licence for the location as normal

Bandara wrote: »
    That's a bit of a myth about once your unlicensed you cannot be relicensed

We did exactly that approx 4 years ago with a Dublin city centre location

Courts had no issue with it and issued us with a licence for the location as normal

You can revive a license that has lapsed, or change it to another type, but after 30 years in the trade if as far as I know you cannot license a premises where a previous license has been extinguished for the purposes of transfer. Kavangh Fennel has a note on this on their website to this effect (can't post links). That been said with 75 pieces of legislation since 1765 and thousand of precedents I cant be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

onlyone wrote: »
    You can revive a license that has lapsed, or change it to another type, but after 30 years in the trade if as far as I know you cannot license a premises where a previous license has been extinguished for the purposes of transfer. Kavangh Fennel has a note on this on their website to this effect (can't post links). That been said with 75 pieces of legislation since 1765 and thousand of precedents I cant be sure.

You can. We did it in Dublin 8. Heard all the 'you can't do that' stuff beforehand. Applied, met the relevant bodies and were approved. Been in business there for past four years

Advertisement