Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSAP UCD 2015

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ianol12

Confusing results. Overall scaled score of 103. That seems ok, because isn't that out of 130 or 150.

Got 57 in the overall percentile.

Really unsure as to whether they are good marks or not.

What I do now is that, getting 57 percentile means something like in the top 43% of the people who sat it in the country.

This exam is shocking. Not only are the multiple choice questions ambiguous, the results are even more of a mystery.

I remember one of the multiple choice questions about anarchy.

It basically asked that based on the text, is anarchy a matter of non conformity or non obligation.
    They seem very similar to me.

Guess I''m getting anxious about getting a place. But at the same time confused. At least afetr the leaving and junior cert results, you know where you stand during the exam and when you get your results.

Would like to hear how everyone else got in their results.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭elleelle19

Really disappointed with my score for written English module. Overall percentile wasn't too bad.

Have emailed the college to ask the cut-off for my course. Hopefully I'll scrape through.

elleelle19 wrote: »
    Really disappointed with my score for written English module. Overall percentile wasn't too bad.

Have emailed the college to ask the cut-off for my course. Hopefully I'll scrape through.

What was your overall score. Don't count the percentile. On your Cao Application it only takes the overall score.
    I made a post recently about how the msap is scored.
    For some stupid reason, I cant post links to threads. Anyway the thread is in my profile because I created it, if you want to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭SameHorse

am I the only one who isn't struggling to figure this out ?

maybe that should have been one of the questions ... explain the scoring system...

SameHorse wrote: »
    am I the only one who isn't struggling to figure this out ?

maybe that should have been one of the questions ... explain the scoring system...

Ha ha it should be an msap question. Section 4. Question 1 of 1. To pass the msap in one question and get automatic entry to a physics course.
    Explain the msap scoring system?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭AKeenan348

The organization on the day was pretty chaotic. Did people really go outside for a cigarette when they announced we would start in 5 minutes? Did they really let them back in when they took more than 5 minutes?

Yeah, really badly organised. Overly strict as well. I bought a new packet of pencils for test, and wasn't allowed to take packaging in. And she kept talking over me too. Really annoying. They let people in and out pretty much up to the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭AKeenan348

I was told the cut off point for most courses is 85. The mature students officer in UCD admissions told me they don't look at the percentile of the results. At least for the joint honours. You have to get a 85 points on all modules sat. Could be different for different courses. Check with Admissions for your course. If you need the direct line, let me know, and i'll private message you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Babog2015

I'm in!!! :) UCD contacted me and advised me my application was successful!!
    Anybody else get an update??

Babog2015 wrote: »
    I'm in!!! :) UCD contacted me and advised me my application was successful!!
    Anybody else get an update??

would help if you stated what course you applied for. It was my understanding, and I believe the CAO state this, that the mature offers aren't made until early July.

So, would be great to know what course you applied to.

edit: I see from another thread that it can happen that people can get the good news in June, but don't formally accept the offer until July ? Slightly confusing why the would tell people they're in the course during a period of time that people can still use the 'change of mind' form ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Babog2015

My case is similar to the other threads you refer to.
    I've been notified that I have been successful and that I will receive an official offer July 3 thoroughly CAO!

I have applied for Arts in UCD.

I'm assuming the offer comes out before change of mind to allow the applicant to edit their Cao if the college if its not their 1st choice, again that's just my assumption, I'm not 100% certain why it happens in that order.

• Advertisement

ok, cheers.
    I guess for Arts where there's a lot (comparitively) of seats for mature applicants they can tell sooner who's got a seat ? I know for my first choice there's only one seat reserved for the highest scoring mature applicant.... so either I didn't get it, or they're waiting until the 'change of mind' period is over, or it's just not their policy to notify sooner than the CAO offer ?

anyway, yet another layer of mild confusion to the whole process : )

I'll try to stay optimistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭elleelle19

Anyone else get an offer from UCD yet?
    Starting to have anxious dreams about offer letters attacking me 😳

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

elleelle19 wrote: »
    Anyone else get an offer from UCD yet?
    Starting to have anxious dreams about offer letters attacking me 😳

I got one last week for Bsc Ag Sci. In fairness to them, they told me in the interview that it was just an informal chat to see how suitable I was for the course. I was told I'd know in July but could ring in the first week of June to see if an offer was likely. No need as I got a letter last week congratulating me!

Advertisement