Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something you're really pleased about

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Rips

I had a lameness workup and xrays taken last week of my 20yr old mare to see if she can come back into work or is fit to retire. She's my 'one'.

She had a year off as I was busy with another horse and she was slowing down with intermittent problems. It hadn't done her any favours, so I thought her time was up.

She can be unlevel on the odd day and I've done everything I can as far as supplements/management and diet etc

Well she worked up sound and flexed sound (that in itself was really unexpected!) and her xrays were all clean as a whistle! I'm over the moon and hoping that I can start bringing her back into work. Even if she can't, it looks good that she'll be around for some time yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭fits

I rode my horse four times in the last week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

In the past two weeks I have not only been jumping, but have been jumping two horses I never dreamed I would be able to do it on. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

So good to see so much good news!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

I love this thread!

In a week where I really really needed some sort of a win, I sat up on my new mare last night and for the first time since I bought her 3 weeks ago she took off on the correct lead every time I asked for canter on either rein and didn't do her usual impression of a giraffe on speed! We didn't have a single disagreement for the whole session.

Such a little thing but she made my week! :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement