Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garda vetting psychology sociology

Options
  • 08-03-2015 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

I have a couple of minor convictions from the past when I was younger, Garda vetting is needed for this course so is there no way I can go for it? and is it now to late as I have already done my cao? also I had it as a second choice on cao but then removed it as I taught I would not be eligible

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Most colleges would look at a few different factors when assessing a gvu discovery report. They usually look at the age you were when you committed the offence, the type of offence and the degree of seriousness, also how long ago it was. This is then balanced against the type of courses/ field of work you want to go into. So it may not be clear cut. The best thing to do is to ring the admissions department and ask to speak to the person responsible for garda vetting. they could give you some advice on how the college approaches these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭AndThatsAFact

Thank you very much, also I put it down on my CAO but the removed it am I allowed to put it down again for the late application and having it down as a late application will it effect my chances of getting a place

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

You might want to check with the college if late application is an option for that course. Then you'll know if you can select it.

Advertisement