Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good quality suit Dublin city centre

Options
  • 08-03-2015 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I want to buy a suit for an event in the summer. I'm looking for something fairly high quality without going too mad. My budget is around the 700 mark.

I was in Massimo on Dawson Street and they seem pretty good but was wondering if anyone had some other suggestions.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Arnotts.

Got a few nice ones in there recently enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭budgemook

Are Copeland's good for newer styles like slim fit jackets with thinner lapels and tapered leg trousers? Always saw them as a bit of an auld fellas shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

try Abraham's on south Annes Street.
    I found them excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

budgemook wrote: »
    Are Copeland's good for newer styles like slim fit jackets with thinner lapels and tapered leg trousers? Always saw them as a bit of an auld fellas shop.
    yes, they have a few more shops now too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,822 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

At €700 you have a great budget.

BT's or Louis Copeland or even TM Lewin have lovely suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

AT €700 you have 10 interview suits or one suit to get wed and dead in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭budgemook

AT €700 you have 10 interview suits or one suit to get wed and dead in.

Well it is for one of those :)

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

James Herren on Dawson Street have some, great suits, and the guys are lovely in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jungleman

Being honest, you could save yourself around €500 out of that €700 and get a suit in Zara. I've bought suits from a few different places in town, and the suits in Zara are by far and away the best. The fit is amazing - the jackets taper in nicely at the waist. They don't hang flat and make your body look like a wardrobe. The suit pants are really good quality, strong material which doesn't go bally or frayed around the pocket area like some others do with repeated wear. Try one on and you won't be disappointed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Spend up to €550 and use the other €150+ to get it properly fitted in every area necessary.
    A properly fitting €200 suit looks far far better than a well made but ill-fitting €700 suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

I've found that proper menswear shops like Louis Copeland or James Herren (and other too I'm sure) include tailoring to your body in the price of the suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

enda1 wrote: »
    Spend up to €550 and use the other €150+ to get it properly fitted in every area necessary.
    A properly fitting €200 suit looks far far better than a well made but ill-fitting €700 suit.

This is great advice. A €150 suit from from somewhere like Burtons can look fantastic after being properly fitted. I do this for most of my work suits.

I also recently got a great Hugo Boss suit from Louis Copeland that I use for weddings. Great service and and perfectly fitted. It cost €600 and I'm very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

looking for one myself, but 300 quid max is all im willing to spend

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

catch--22 wrote: »
    This is great advice. A €150 suit from from somewhere like Burtons can look fantastic after being properly fitted. I do this for most of my work suits.

I also recently got a great Hugo Boss suit from Louis Copeland that I use for weddings. Great service and and perfectly fitted. It cost €600 and I'm very happy with it.

If you get a suit from Burtons say, where do you go to get it fitted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jungleman

There's a really good place on Abbey Street, just across from Arnotts. They do a wide range of tailoring and fitting, I know a lot of suit retailers send their stuff there to be altered or fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

Diffneys besidde arnotts is good. I got a suit in there before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

If you have that money its worth going to Louis Copeland.

They'll fit it for you there and then in my experience. Had one slight issue with the jacket which they sorted within 24hours. Very positive experience.

On a cheaper budget the higher end M&S gear is excellent quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

I've used Fitz on Upper Abbey St - just along the Luas tracks before you hit Capel St.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭carlaboi

Patrick Sheary's on Clarendon Street

Advertisement