Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking going bill phone first time???

Options
  • 08-03-2015 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi,

I am with meteor pre pay for a long time and love meteor network i want to stay with this network.

I am thinking of changing to bill phone as the samsung galaxy S6 is a phone would love to get soon but cost so much on pre pay. I know be alot cheaper if i went onto a bill pay plan.

Would like someone to tell me what their experience with meteor bill pay plans was, is it a good thing or bad? Please let me know all this before i make the decision to change bill phone.

Also is it true that with bill pay plan 24 months you get a free phone every year?

Thanks

Florintina

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭s15r330

Phone price depends on plan. It will be cheaper than prepay but don't be expecting sub €100, I reckon they'll still be close to €300.
    On a 24 month plan you get an upgrade every 24 months

• Registered Users Posts: 23 florintina89

s15r330 wrote: »
    Phone price depends on plan. It will be cheaper than prepay but don't be expecting sub €100, I reckon they'll still be close to €300.
    On a 24 month plan you get an upgrade every 24 months

Ah i understand now thanks for that, i would rather save 300 euro than pay around 700 for the new phone is way to much for me. I was thinking the 49 a month plan for unlimited calls and texts and good bit of data. So 24 month contract every 2 years i can get a new phone.

Never had a bill phone but would love to try it think just worried over charge me even if unlimited plan but surely that is rare on less go over usage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Ah i understand now thanks for that, i would rather save 300 euro than pay around 700 for the new phone is way to much for me. I was thinking the 49 a month plan for unlimited calls and texts and good bit of data. So 24 month contract every 2 years i can get a new phone.

Never had a bill phone but would love to try it think just worried over charge me even if unlimited plan but surely that is rare on less go over usage

Buy a oneplus one and then go prepay 20 a month. You will have a top of the range phone up there with the best phones

I'm on that plan, and my contract is over now. It had 5gb of data and I never came close to using it. Only time I went over the €49 was if i was roaming north of the border and used the phone. Gonna have a look at what sort of plans are available next month when the s6 comes, hopefully i'll stay with meteor as I had no problems.
    It'll be a 4g plan now though with a reduced data allowance of 3gb instead of 5gb, hopefully that'll be enough!

padair wrote: »
    Buy a oneplus one and then go prepay 20 a month. You will have a top of the range phone up there with the best phones

I want to go bill pay for a change mostly to get the top phones out at a cheaper price. Been pre pay all the time but the cost of pre pay phone i am getting sick of now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

I want to go bill pay for a change mostly to get the top phones out at a cheaper price. Been pre pay all the time but the cost of pre pay phone i am getting sick of now

No worries . enjoy

I'm on that plan, and my contract is over now. It had 5gb of data and I never came close to using it. Only time I went over the €49 was if i was roaming north of the border and used the phone. Gonna have a look at what sort of plans are available next month when the s6 comes, hopefully i'll stay with meteor as I had no problems.
    It'll be a 4g plan now though with a reduced data allowance of 3gb instead of 5gb, hopefully that'll be enough!

Oh that great so everything went well for you so with it and every 2 years you get pick a free phone your choice is it? Pity so long to get new phone, i would love one every year. Such a phone freak i am ha. Defo 3gb be loads for me anyway i mostly just go on facebook using phone. One thing with S6 dont like has no Micro SD card slot so i no idea how transfer all my photos and music to the new phone fast way there no way i want be using bluetooth take me forever

No not free, they say you're due an upgrade, but it's no different than the new customer signing up, i'll still have to pay! Sign up for a dropbox account or some other form of online storage, upload all of your photos, when the new phone comes just sign into your dropbox on it and you have everything!
    Automatic uploading can be activated then so each time you take photos they will automatically be uploaded the next time you're connected to wifi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Oh that great so everything went well for you so with it and every 2 years you get pick a free phone your choice is it? Pity so long to get new phone, i would love one every year. Such a phone freak i am ha. Defo 3gb be loads for me anyway i mostly just go on facebook using phone. One thing with S6 dont like has no Micro SD card slot so i no idea how transfer all my photos and music to the new phone fast way there no way i want be using bluetooth take me forever

An upgrade is not free unless it's a very old model, and usually the price you pay for an upgrade is more expensive than a new bill pay customer signing up would pay.

I hate 2 year contracts, most smart phones start to develop problems around 18 months, crap battery life etc.

No not free, they say you're due an upgrade, but it's no different than the new customer signing up, i'll still have to pay! Sign up for a dropbox account or some other form of online storage, upload all of your photos, when the new phone comes just sign into your dropbox on it and you have everything!
    Automatic uploading can be activated then so each time you take photos they will automatically be uploaded the next time you're connected to wifi.

Ah i get you now so nothing is really free just a easier way paying it off is it? I looked into dropbox there but saying pay a fee and seems alot. Is there any easier way if i just plug a USB cable into my laptop its a macbook pro one?

• Advertisement

No you can get free storage, Dropbox does 50gb for 2 years free, or they did. Onedrive is another, Google drive offers 15gb I think, that's surely enough? But the usb option is good. You are getting a 115gb subscription to Onedrive for 2 years with the s6 I think, so the best thing to do is wait for that, upload all your stuff to your new onedrive account, download the Onedrive app to the s6 and sign in, all of your stuff is available on the phone but stored online.

athtrasna wrote: »
    An upgrade is not free unless it's a very old model, and usually the price you pay for an upgrade is more expensive than a new bill pay customer signing up would pay.

I hate 2 year contracts, most smart phones start to develop problems around 18 months, crap battery life etc.

Thanks for that, i know hate that as well i dont even have this phone a year and acting up with few things pretty annoying

No you can get free storage, Dropbox does 50gb for 2 years free, or they did. Onedrive is another, Google drive offers 15gb I think, that's surely enough? But the usb option is good. You are getting a 115gb subscription to Onedrive for 2 years with the s6 I think, so the best thing to do is wait for that, upload all your stuff to your new onedrive account, download the Onedrive app to the s6 and sign in, all of your stuff is available on the phone but stored online.

Thanks so much for telling me all this. I am uploading everything now so i have it ready for when get the new phone. I never knew something like this was out there much better and faster than bluetooth will take me forever. Do you know if i can save my music on to it as well or just photo and videos?

You can save anything to it!

You can save anything to it!

Thats great so thanks again for all your help appreciate it. Delighted now that its all saved there and be fast to put on new phone. Now saving for the new phone next job lol. What is the best thing about going bill pay do you think?

No problem. Just the not worrying about credit running out and with the unlimited plan knowing you can chat away! But check your usage, you may not need unlimited, I find myself barely calling or texting now at all, I reckon i'd get away with 200 mins/texts a month but its the data I need, most of my messaging is done on whatsapp etc

No problem. Just the not worrying about credit running out and with the unlimited plan knowing you can chat away! But check your usage, you may not need unlimited, I find myself barely calling or texting now at all, I reckon i'd get away with 200 mins/texts a month but its the data I need, most of my messaging is done on whatsapp etc

That true its great not to be worrying how much using as be pretty annoying always checking your credit all time.the 49 euro month offer sounds good for me.

Advertisement