Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Land line still not disconnected ?

Options
  • 08-03-2015 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭

Last Monday I rang Eircom to disconnect my land line and efibre as I was not happy with Eircom changing terms and conditions and chose to avail of the offer of opting out of my contract.  My intention was to switch to Vodafone unlimited broadband for 38 euro a month but the lady in the Eircom loyalty team offered me broadband for 30 euro a month for 6 months which I accepted.  I was told my phone would be disconnected within 24 hours.  It's now 7 days later and phone is till connected.  In addition as this means entering into a new 18 month contract I asked for it in writing and was told originally I would receive a new contract in writing or by email but later I was told this was not possible.

To summarise :
    1.  Eircom have offered me 30 euro a month broadband only which means entering into a new 18 months contract but won't send me this in writing. I believe I am legally entitled to this.

2.  Eircom seem incapable of turning off my phone.

Unless this is resolved by close of business Monday, I will be informing your loyalty team to disconnect my fibre and will move to another provider.

I can provide my tel no, account no etc.. by PM if requested.

Advertisement