Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway University Hospital parking

Options
  • 08-03-2015 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭

Any ideas what time they open the parking gates in the hospital? Had to bring young lad to casualty but forgot wallet :-(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,955 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

gufc21 wrote: »
    Any ideas what time they open the parking gates in the hospital? Had to bring young lad to casualty but forgot wallet :-(

Mr OBumble thinks they don't. I've not been there late at night myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

After midnight at the earliest. I've done it a few times before for family who have had to be kept in unexpectedly

• Registered Users Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭Guffy

After midnight at the earliest. I've done it a few times before for family who have had to be kept in unexpectedly

Thought it was 11 and id have to wait a half hour but still here and by the looks of it will def be open by time i get out :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Thought it was 11 and id have to wait a half hour but still here and by the looks of it will def be open by time i get out :-/

Its been a while since I've done it so it may be ok now. Hope You don't have to wait too long. And that all will be ok

Its been a while since I've done it so it may be ok now. Hope You don't have to wait too long. And that all will be ok

No was grand. Think i got out just after 12 and barrier was up thankfully. Little lad ok ttooso all good

Edit.. o its only 12 now. Was about quarter to then must be open at 11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

The parking situation there is nuts. I was in there everyday last week and unless I was in by 9am there was no parking to be had. Non-moving queues into each of the 3 public car parks from 9-4:30 daily. I had to park at the cathedral a couple of times.
    The gates do open up after 11:30 alright, so you'll avoid the charges if you are in late enough.
    Another top tip - after 7pm or so, there are usually a few free spots down the side towards the Breast check clinic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭hopeso

I have to attend the diabetes clinic at this hospital next week. I have never been to the University hospital before. What is the parking situation likely to be like at 10am?

hopeso wrote: »
    I have to attend the diabetes clinic at this hospital next week. I have never been to the University hospital before. What is the parking situation likely to be like at 10am?

Pot look if you are going to the barrier parking. If no joy there is a car park 5-10 min at cathedral. There is also on street parking p&d outside the side gate in estate beside the hospital, turn right at junction from town and first left

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

It will be very hard to get parking at 10am. Either come at 9am to get a spot or park off site and walk in. Diabetes clinic is near back gate so you could park in shopping centres/library in Westside and walk from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

hopeso wrote: »

At that time, it might take 20/30 minutes to get into the Hospital car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭hopeso

Thanks for the replies! It kind of confirms what I feared. I'll park elsewhere, and walk....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Park at the cathedral. 5 minute walk.

Advertisement