Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MTG Complete and Utter Beginner Dublin

Options
  • 08-03-2015 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi Guys,
    First time poster here, literally just got the Fate Reforged Intro Set of Magic: The Gathering, and have little to no knowledge on how to play this game/ have people to play it with.
    I've been wanting to get into casually since I used to be pretty into Yu-Gi-Oh and so on but people often look down on it.

Anyways, I'm looking to start into it casually enough, and looking for people to play/help teach me how to play it. I'll pick it up quick and also have the Magic 2015 game on Steam if anyone wants to play me online, but basically I'm wondering if there's groups in Dublin open to complete beginners. Given the competitive nature of the game I'm fairly hesitant to just show up at any random event as a complete beginner. If people have any suggestion on groups to join/show up at or wish to just have casual games let me know.
    I know this game can get pretty expensive but I thought hey this is one of those things I'll like.

Anyways, drop a comment or so if you're up to the challenge.

Or if you play yugioh lemme know I'd play that with people too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Hi Guys,
    First time poster here, literally just got the Fate Reforged Intro Set of Magic: The Gathering, and have little to no knowledge on how to play this game/ have people to play it with.
    I've been wanting to get into casually since I used to be pretty into Yu-Gi-Oh and so on but people often look down on it.

Anyways, I'm looking to start into it casually enough, and looking for people to play/help teach me how to play it. I'll pick it up quick and also have the Magic 2015 game on Steam if anyone wants to play me online, but basically I'm wondering if there's groups in Dublin open to complete beginners. Given the competitive nature of the game I'm fairly hesitant to just show up at any random event as a complete beginner. If people have any suggestion on groups to join/show up at or wish to just have casual games let me know.
    I know this game can get pretty expensive but I thought hey this is one of those things I'll like.

Anyways, drop a comment or so if you're up to the challenge.

Or if you play yugioh lemme know I'd play that with people too.

Go to a magic the gathering draft night they are held on a friday. It goes constructed draft iirc. Card gamers are generally uber helpful to new players as we aint that big a community! And if you play competitive yu gi oh gamers world in dub has a regional on the 27th or 28th of this month

• Registered Users Posts: 23 makehimanoffer

Go to a magic the gathering draft night they are held on a friday. It goes constructed draft iirc. Card gamers are generally uber helpful to new players as we aint that big a community! And if you play competitive yu gi oh gamers world in dub has a regional on the 27th or 28th of this month

Hey man, just wondering, can I get like a link or whatnot to this draft night thing you mentioned?
    I'm after getting the Magic 2015 game on Steam and such and am gonna use that to learn. I don't exactly plan on going super serious with this game as the cost is extravagant enough but I wouldn't mind getting somewhat competitive......
    With regards the yugioh one I might look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Hey man, just wondering, can I get like a link or whatnot to this draft night thing you mentioned?
    I'm after getting the Magic 2015 game on Steam and such and am gonna use that to learn. I don't exactly plan on going super serious with this game as the cost is extravagant enough but I wouldn't mind getting somewhat competitive......
    With regards the yugioh one I might look into it.

Check the wizards website man it has a store locator and calander for magic stuff. Magic is expensive true but what collectable card game isnt!

Advertisement