Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family entitlements & need a house

Options
  • 08-03-2015 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Good evening,

I am looking for some advise. A very good friend has come to me seeking advise and unfortunately it is not an area that I have much knowledge in. My friend and his wife have had a rough few years. They have struggled to pay there mortgage for a few years because he lost his job in 2009. He had his own business and had to close it as it was no longer viable to keep it going. For the last couple of years he has been unable to gain employment, he went into the social welfare a few times but kept being refused any payments I think because he was self employed. His wife was in full time employment.

In 2013 they handed the keys back to the back as each month went on they were getting further and further into more debt. They moved in with family and a few months ago they had to move out of the family home they were staying in and they rented a house. His wife fell pregnant and she is out of work on maternity. He got a job in the last 3 months but there still struggling.

He came to me last night seeking advise telling me that they have been struggling to pay the rent the last 2 months and things are very bad. I had a look on daft and myhome but there is nothing really cheaper that they could afford. I printed off the forms for them to fill in to apply for council housing but I believe that can take years.

What would they be entitled to or what help / advise / support can I give them.

Its an area that I have no knowledge in so any infor help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

D

Comments

Advertisement