Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre Duleek

Options
  • 09-03-2015 2:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭

Hiya ,

Just checking to see if an eircom rep can confirm which cabinet our line is connected to we are in 400-500m from 3 cabinets for eFibre and we still can't get it :( theres a lot of people also on the main street of Duleek that cant get it yet .

The last cabinet I can see that hasn't been enabled is close to the Garda Station im guessing that's the one we are connected to it only says fibre services planned for it. The number for this one is DLK1_E01 .

I assume this is the exchange that we are connected to ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

jay93 wrote: »
    Hiya ,

Just checking to see if an eircom rep can confirm which cabinet our line is connected to we are in 400-500m from 3 cabinets for eFibre and we still can't get it :( theres a lot of people also on the main street of Duleek that cant get it yet .

The last cabinet I can see that hasn't been enabled is close to the Garda Station im guessing that's the one we are connected to it only says fibre services planned for it. The number for this one is DLK1_E01 .

I assume this is the exchange that we are connected to ?

[font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif] Hi jay93

Your line is not connected to a cabinet, Like others on your street it's connected directly to the exchange this can happen even if a cabinet is in range. Lines connected directly to the exchange are not served by local cabinets and follow a different cable path infrastructure which currently is not included in the existing plans for efibre.

The only good news I can offer you is that efibre operations have previously confirmed that works on a new product to offer directly fed lines have been agreed and hopes are that they are will be implemented and available within the next 12 months.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Al[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Thanks :) the Internet speed is fine for now would have been nice to get the better upload speed available on efibre though. Currently getting 15Mb/s on ADSL2+ which is OK :)

Thanks :) the Internet speed is fine for now would have been nice to get the better upload speed available on efibre though. Currently getting 15Mb/s on ADSL2+ which is OK :)
    Cheers jay93

Al

Hiya Al,

Noticed KN networks working near the exchange the other day and I checked the where and when section of eircom website today and noticed that the exchange is now gone blue on the map saying fibre build has started :) can you confirm some things for me ?

The exchange is listed as DLK1_E01 on the site which is : http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ .. is this the exchange for sure i'm nearly 100% sure that it is? also what is the max distance for eFibre for people connected direct to the exchange ? I'm 445M from the exchange.

Thanks for any info you can give me if you need any account details to check on anything let me know :) 

Hiya Al,

Noticed KN networks working near the exchange the other day and I checked the where and when section of eircom website today and noticed that the exchange is now gone blue on the map saying fibre build has started :) can you confirm some things for me ?

The exchange is listed as DLK1_E01 on the site which is : http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ .. is this the exchange for sure i'm nearly 100% sure that it is? also what is the max distance for eFibre for people connected direct to the exchange ? I'm 445M from the exchange.

Thanks for any info you can give me if you need any account details to check on anything let me know :) 
    Hi jay93

Yes I see your line is connected to DLK1_E01. The Max distance is up to 2Km so it seems as though you are well within the zone. I'm afraid I do not have a specific date to advise on the launch of efibre to that exchange yet Jay.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Thanks Al good to see work is been finally done on it though as the rest of the town got efbre months ago :)

Thanks Al good to see work is been finally done on it though as the rest of the town got efbre months ago :)
    No worries jay93 - I would suggest getting back to me in early june and hopefully I can offer an update then.

Thanks
    Al

eFibre has been showing as available to my address now for a few days i ordered the upgrade online but never heard anything back.. Im currently in the USA until september so i cant call to order it from here. Can you check for me? Thanks.

eFibre has been showing as available to my address now for a few days i ordered the upgrade online but never heard anything back.. Im currently in the USA until september so i cant call to order it from here. Can you check for me? Thanks.
    Hi jay93

When you ordered online did you receive an email confirmation with a reference number?

Thanks
    Al

Hi jay93

When you ordered online did you receive an email confirmation with a reference number?

Thanks
    Al

I got the email but no reference number

• Advertisement

Hi jay93

Thanks
    Al

Leave this with me Jay93 I'll be back to you shortly

Al

Hi jay93

Thanks
    Al

Al

Al

Thanks Al

Let me know if you can find anything out.

Al

Thanks Al

Let me know if you can find anything out.
    Will do Jay93

Cheers
    Al

Advertisement