Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exasperated with BOI

Options
  • 09-03-2015 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭

Last year I decided to transfer a balance from my Avantcard onto a new card that I could get from BOI. I applied for a card over the phone and gave all details. I rang back after I have noticed the UCD affinity card had a balance transfer rate lower and for longer I asked could the application be for this card instead and was told they would let credit know to make the card UCD as opposed to the standard one. I had to send in the standard documents required by your credit department.

Thinking that this was sorted, to my surprise got the standard card out in the post!(with the balance transfer completed) When I called up, I was told they would need a new application for the UCD card and then close the standard card and transfer the balance transfer completed onto it at the lower amount . We did this over the phone and I got a letter out for the 2nd application requesting the same documents again. (i was also told that I would be refunded interest that I would be paying while this was being sorted)

I received no call and had to chase the agent constantly, eventually he told me, “No credit don’t want to give you the UCD card instead of the standard one” (of course they didnt, its a lower promo rate) When I asked about complaining he said he would call me back tomorrow.

I chased him for a few days and eventually he said credit will give me the newer UCD card, the balance transfer would be transferred onto it at the lower promo rate and i didn't need to do anything.

I had another balance built up on the Avantcard while this was being sorted. I got another application form to sign from BOI (my 3rd I think) and they again asked for 3 months payslips, Which i returned and I put the additional balance transfer down also.

The card was sent out, no balance transfer and no payslips were ever returned.

I called up to query the additional balance transfer and was told they didn’t know why it was no completed but would look into it. This was completed a few days following this call.

Now i notice that the original balance transfer that was completed on the old card and transferred onto the new card was not transferred as a balance transfer but was a retail transaction. I called today and spent 35 mins on the phone with the agent trying to explain all this again and again and was told the supervisor will call me tomorrow and i will get a letter out (no commitment to right BOI's mistake)

My complaints are as follows:

1) Being promised call backs and not receiving them, constantly having to chase BOI for updated.

2) Not receiving back 3 months original pay slips

3) Interest being charged as a retail rate instead of a balance transfer rate.

4) Interest charged on my Avant card while waiting for you to sort out everything your end.

5) The countless hours lost on the phone trying to sort this whole debacle out.

I have my accounts 18 yrs and have had countless loans. I thought the current account fees would push me over the edge but this has to be the last straw.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

brightkane wrote: »
    Last year I decided to transfer a balance from my Avantcard onto a new card that I could get from BOI. I applied for a card over the phone and gave all details. I rang back after I have noticed the UCD affinity card had a balance transfer rate lower and for longer I asked could the application be for this card instead and was told they would let credit know to make the card UCD as opposed to the standard one. I had to send in the standard documents required by your credit department.

Thinking that this was sorted, to my surprise got the standard card out in the post!(with the balance transfer completed) When I called up, I was told they would need a new application for the UCD card and then close the standard card and transfer the balance transfer completed onto it at the lower amount . We did this over the phone and I got a letter out for the 2nd application requesting the same documents again. (i was also told that I would be refunded interest that I would be paying while this was being sorted)

I received no call and had to chase the agent constantly, eventually he told me, “No credit don’t want to give you the UCD card instead of the standard one” (of course they didnt, its a lower promo rate) When I asked about complaining he said he would call me back tomorrow.

I chased him for a few days and eventually he said credit will give me the newer UCD card, the balance transfer would be transferred onto it  at the lower promo rate and i didn't need to do anything.

I had another balance built up on the Avantcard while this  was being sorted. I got another application form to sign from BOI (my 3rd I think) and they again asked for 3 months payslips, Which i returned and I put the additional balance transfer down also.

The card was sent out, no balance transfer and no payslips were ever returned.

I called up to query the additional balance transfer and was told they didn’t know why it was no completed but would look into it. This was completed a few days following this call.

Now i notice that the original balance transfer that was completed on the old card and transferred onto the new card was not transferred as a balance transfer but was a retail transaction. I called today and spent 35 mins on the phone with the agent trying to explain all this again and again and was told the supervisor will call me tomorrow and i will get a letter out (no commitment to right BOI's mistake)

My complaints are as follows:

1) Being promised call backs and not receiving them, constantly having to chase BOI for updated.

2) Not receiving back 3 months original pay slips

3) Interest being charged as a retail rate instead of a balance transfer rate.

4) Interest charged on my Avant card while waiting for you to sort out everything your end.

5) The countless hours lost on the phone trying to sort this whole debacle out.

I have my accounts 18 yrs and have had countless loans. I thought the current account fees would push me over the edge but this has to be the last straw.
    Hi brightkane,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards and sorry to hear about the difficulties that you have encountered.

I would really like the opportunity to look into this further for you, if you would like to send me a PM with your full name and contact number and I can arrange a callback for you.

Alternatively, if you would like to make a complaint regarding this matter, please see the process here.

Apologies again and hopefully we can get this resolved for you.

Thanks

Nicola 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Hi brightkane,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards and sorry to hear about the difficulties that you have encountered.

I would really like the opportunity to look into this further for you, if you would like to send me a PM with your full name and contact number and I can arrange a callback for you.

Alternatively, if you would like to make a complaint regarding this matter, please see the process here.

Apologies again and hopefully we can get this resolved for you.

Thanks

Nicola 

I didnt get a call back yesterday as promised over the phone Monday so I will send you a pm now. Please brief then one he issue so I don't have to go over it all again

I didnt get a call back yesterday as promised over the phone Monday so I will send you a pm now. Please brief then one he issue so I don't have to go over it all again

It won't let me send you a pm. Can you pm me and I will reply with details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

I didnt get a call back yesterday as promised over the phone Monday so I will send you a pm now.  Please brief then one he issue so I don't have to go over it all again

It won't let me send you a pm.  Can you pm me and I will reply with details
    Hi brightkane,

Thanks for getting back to me.

If you can ensure that you have signatures set to display on your control panel settings on Boards. Then click on the link in my signature below to send in a PM. 

I will just need your full name, your branch and a contact number to arrange a call back. 

Thanks
    Nicola

Pm sent. No Callback yesterday unsurprisingly as promised monday to happen Tuesday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Pm sent. No Callback yesterday unsurprisingly as promised monday to happen Tuesday
    Hi brightkane,

Thanks for your PM. We have sent this on and have requested that a representative contact you regarding this. I hope this is resolved for you soon.

Please let us know if you need help with any other query.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement