Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 World Cup - Day 25 - India v Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Chased 274 against SL in the world cup finals, just missed 275 mark :D
    Yeah, just what I said. They have never chased 275 in a WC game before. Doesn't matter now anyway. Still, Ireland scored the biggest total against India in the WC so far. Here is hoping we can redeem ourselves a bit with our bowling and fielding!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭Guffy

Not great given the start but would we have taken that before game started? Couple of early wickets and you never know :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭axe2grind

Obviously a disappointing total considering the platform laid by openers and Niall's innings. 203-3 with 11 overs to go to 259 all out.

Having said that it is a reasonable total and and the result is far from settled yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

They may still not show up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

axe2grind wrote: »
    Obviously a disappointing total considering the platform laid by openers and Niall's innings. 203-3 with 11 overs to go to 259 all out.

Having said that it is a reasonable total and and the result is far from settled yet.

Sadly not in 2015.

Probably about 50 behind where we need to be.

India are beasts at chasing, this should be reasonably comfortable for them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Anyone see the Zimbabwe Herald's article about the match v Ireland? The Guardian have linked to it.
    Not sure if it's incredibly funny or incredibly stupid/actionable/mean
    http://www.herald.co.zw/alcoholic-dumps-zim-out-of-wc/

Anyone see the Zimbabwe Herald's article about the match v Ireland? The Guardian have linked to it.

Ugh, I dunno maybe I am getting older but its a rotten article for me sadly. :(

Ah feck we need to take every chance :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭bestleftfull3

huge chance there !!

another drop, but difficult chance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭bestleftfull3

yeah you'd feel it will get away from us now at least one of them would have been good !!

India are so gun at chases tbf, most sides would struggle to defend 250 against them on such timid grounds, we shouldn't be to harsh on the bowlers, we simply were way to short and they are to good.

Poor from Thompson, but Dhawan always plays with swag in these scenarios, hopefully he comes back strongly because if not, Young next game please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

Pathetic ...... Gutter journalism at its worst or should I say at its best.....

What's vey heartening though is if you read all the readers comments at the end of the article not one of his fellow Zimbabweans agree with him

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The only good thing about that article are the replies underneath it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Good going by the openers. Might finish the game very early and Ireland NRR will fall even lower. Now they have to win against Pak and no other way unless WIndies match is washed out.

Good going by the openers. Might finish the game very early and Ireland NRR will fall even lower. Now they have to win against Pak and no other way unless WIndies match is washed out.

Were always going to have to I think, very messy to lose but somehow sneak through on NRR.

Dhawan gunning it so hard here, would love to see him do this at test cricket more often though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Our bowling is competitive against the nations below 5 or 6 rank. But against SA and today, we can easily see the weaknesses. It is crazy that if we don't make the QF, we go away and get a handful of top class matches before the next world cup. Contrast England who have 17 tests over the next 18 months or so. How can we hope to improve?

Our bowling is competitive against the nations below 5 or 6 rank. But against SA and today, we can easily see the weaknesses. It is crazy that if we don't make the QF, we go away and get a handful of top class matches before the next world cup. Contrast England who have 17 tests over the next 18 months or so. How can we hope to improve?

Its very hard isn't it? I suppose when it comes to bowling we have to hope the young guys like Young and Chase get plenty of county experience and they continue to develop.

For what its worth, Dhawan when in the zone in this format can beast a lot of attacks as can Rohit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 157 ✭✭Missent

Get in there!

• Advertisement

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Were always going to have to I think, very messy to lose but somehow sneak through on NRR.

Dhawan gunning it so hard here, would love to see him do this at test cricket more often though.

Yeah it was always the same, win against Pak and you are through. WI will improve their NRR against UAE.

Dhawan makes a very good 20-30 in test cricket and plays a stupid shot, he has few weaknesses in his game, unless he somehow magically sorts that out he will always will be 2-3 levels below top players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭lambayire

Decent performance all the same today.

Shame about the dropped catches.

We were looking well set just before the end of the powerplay but the 5 quick wickets were a killer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

Despite this turning in to a walk in the park for India I think it is fair to say that Ireland are the best of the associates and have to be in contention for test status any time soon. If they have to replace someone, Zimbabwe should lose their status.

That's one more achievement Dhoni, 9 consecutive wins in World cup. 2nd best and tied with Clive Lloyd. With next game against Zimbabwe he should move to 2nd place.

Ponting record can't be touched though, 24 is too high for anyone to catch up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

We need to go in second against Pakistan at the weekend. I don't trust the bowling to defend any total.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    We need to go in second against Pakistan at the weekend. I don't trust the bowling to defend any total.

Based on that bowling perfomance you could say that...... but would you prefer a nervy 280 run chase against Pakistan's quicks with the ball zipping around under the lights in Adelaide?

Pakistan are never going to be as clinical as India....So I would still say bat first get to 300 this time and put them under pressure with early wickets.....

We all saw what happened to England yesterday......

Yeah it was always the same, win against Pak and you are through. WI will improve their NRR against UAE.

Dhawan makes a very good 20-30 in test cricket and plays a stupid shot, he has few weaknesses in his game, unless he somehow magically sorts that out he will always will be 2-3 levels below top players.

India are in the SC for a long time now for test cricket so he may go big their a few times, although that young lad who made a century in the last test whose name I forget is ahead of him.

A lot of flat tracks in ODI cricket sadly, but they still need to be cashed in and he has. Also to be fair his century against South Africa was gun.

Not many concerns for India at the moment, maybe they would like Raina to bowl, but that is is it really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,808 ✭✭✭✭bilston

What an utterly disgusting piece of journalism.

Thankfully the Zimbabwean readers don't think much of it either.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    India are in the SC for a long time now for test cricket so he may go big their a few times, although that young lad who made a century in the last test whose name I forget is ahead of him.

A lot of flat tracks in ODI cricket sadly, but they still need to be cashed in and he has. Also to be fair his century against South Africa was gun.

Not many concerns for India at the moment, maybe they would like Raina to bowl, but that is is it really.

Lokesh Rahul?

Very early to make any judgement on him. Looked clueless in 1 innings and looked good in other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

booth70 wrote: »
    Based on that bowling perfomance you could say that...... but would you prefer a nervy 280 run chase against Pakistan's quicks with the ball zipping around under the lights in Adelaide?

Pakistan are never going to be as clinical as India....So I would still say bat first get to 300 this time and put them under pressure with early wickets.....

We all saw what happened to England yesterday......

Fair enough, ill bow to your superior wisdom. I suppose Pakistan dont have the same quality batsmen as India at the time being

Advertisement