Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

1 Piece Leathers Opinions

• 09-03-2015 12:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi All,

Ive been looking at these leathers for a week or two now but I can't find any reviews or know anyone that has them. I think they are new for 2015 so I was just wondering what your thoughts on them would be?

http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/228661

If I don't go for these I was looking at the Tractech Evo 2's but I really like the look of the Oxfords.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

tried em on?

as a brand, I personally wouldnt rate Oxford stuff, they seem to throw their name on any old tat - better off with those RST's you're looking at imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭nemoisback66

I haven't tried them on yet. I just haven't had any Oxford gear before so not sure what the quality is like. Ive owned RST stuff and haven't had any issues with them. So maybe the Tractech is the best way to go :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I agree 100% would not pay the guts off €600 for that suit, don't rate the Oxford stuff too well myself. RST or Spada would be well within budget, I would be straight up to Crossans in newry and get sorted.

They have an RST suit for £299 all black.

http://www.thevisorshop.com/en/Mens-Leather-1-Piece/c-238.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

I've had a bunch of oxford gear, from locks, boots, gloves, bike covers, jackets.

Some of it is excellent and some of it is garbage.

The gloves and boots were leather but they didn't last long and were pretty ****ty quality leather. In fact the boots leaked the first month!!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

As above I would go with the RST over the Oxford. You know you are getting good bang for your book with RST. But with Oxford you can be lucky or VERY unlucky.

600 blips is too much to chance on a Oxford leather suit.

• Advertisement

Cheers for the feedback. Will have to go try a set of RST's on for size :)

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭rowanh

What is the advantage of 1 piece leathers over a two piece that zip together?

rowanh wrote: »
    What is the advantage of 1 piece leathers over a two piece that zip together?

Better for using on track days as you wont have the worry of the zip coming apart from the top/bottoms if you do have an off.
    Although two piece leathers are better if you just ride on the road as they are more comfortable/accessible.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭rowanh

Are two piece leathers likely to split if you are sliding or would it be more extreme cases where they would be better? Im going to do the track day training and probably some track days, i think id prefer to get two piece leathers though as id probably use them elsewhere a bit.

Are two piece leathers likely to split if you are sliding or would it be more extreme cases where they would be better? Im going to do the track day training and probably some track days, i think id prefer to get two piece leathers though as id probably use them elsewhere a bit.

I've never used them on track personally. But I know plenty of people who use them on track days and never had any problems even after an off. So if you get the use out of them on a daily basis go for the two piece leathers :) Or if you intend to do a lot of track days the 1 piece would be a better option imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭jay48

If you're getting 2 piece leathers for trackdays make sure they zip all the way around and not just at the back

Its the struggle to do anything in 1 piece leathers that puts me off them, in the summer cant even take the jacket part off. Never mind trying to take a piss without doing the "penguin dance". Same with one piece rain suits....

2 piece is so much easier day to day, but if I was man enough to be doing track days regular they are brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

2 piece all the way!!
    If I'm popping to the shop I just stick on the jacket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

I'm recommending this ensemble :pac::pac::pac:

-800-height-untitled-6.jpg

Dark-As-Night-Batman-Motorcycle-Helmet-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    I'm recommending this ensemble :pac::pac::pac:

-800-height-untitled-6.jpg

Dark-As-Night-Batman-Motorcycle-Helmet-1.jpg

Anyone that wears that and thinks they don't look a complete Tosspot, has got serious issues..:pac::pac::pac::pac:

blade1 wrote: »
    Anyone that wears that and thinks they don't look a complete Tosspot, has got serious issues..:pac::pac::pac::pac:

In fairness just lose the gold belt and the leathers are grand, but the helmet.....omg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Never mind trying to take a piss without doing the "penguin dance". Same with one piece rain suits....

You speaking from experience hahaha:D

I am more of a FLESH GORDON myself!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I am more of a FLESH GORDON myself!!!!

Up the bum

Up the bum

A slice of pizza at least on date before I would be considering that young man......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

I have both and prefer the one piece.

You can get a Richa one good quality one piece for about 450

I love Richa gear

Advertisement