Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom.net email address

Options
  • 09-03-2015 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi reps

I'm asking on behalf of an elderly Aunt who ha an eircom.net email address, and has had it for years.

She is with another povider for her broadband and phone, and has been using her eircom.net email address through outlook since she transferred to them nearly 2 years ago. For the last 2 weeks or so she has had a problem receiving emails. She has spoken to her current provider who checked all the settings, and everything seems to be ok. She can send emails as normal.

She spoke to an agent in Eircom over the weekend as the incoming servers would not have changed since she transferred her service. He advised her that Eircom are cancelling the email addresses of customers who have transferred their services to another provider but still use their @eircom.net email address.

Can you confirm that this is correct?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Becks14 wrote: »
    Hi reps

I'm asking on behalf of an elderly Aunt who ha an eircom.net email address, and has had it for years.

She is with another povider for her broadband and phone, and has been using her eircom.net email address through outlook since she transferred to them nearly 2 years ago. For the last 2 weeks or so she has had a problem receiving emails. She has spoken to her current provider who checked all the settings, and everything seems to be ok. She can send emails as normal.

She spoke to an agent in Eircom over the weekend as the incoming servers would not have changed since she transferred her service. He advised her that Eircom are cancelling the email addresses of customers who have transferred their services to another provider but still use their @eircom.net email address.

Hi Becks14

If a customer has moved to another service provider they can still use the @eircom.net email address (both via Outlook and the web based version here: https://secure.eircom.net/email/)

There are no plans to cease previous customers email addresses but if left inactive (no emails sent) over a number of years it will be shut for inactivity.

The incoming mail server should not need to be changed but just make sure it "mail1.eircom.net"

The amount of support I can offer in comparison with our email support center will be limited but you can reach them on 1530277100

Also, make sure to select POP3 when attempting to set it up again.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Becks14

Hi reps

Hi If a customer has moved to another service provider they can still use the @eircom.net email address (both via Outlook and the web based version here: There are no plans to cease previous customers email addresses but if left inactive (no emails sent) over a number of years it will be shut for inactivity.

The incoming mail server should not need to be changed but just make sure it "mail1.eircom.net"

The amount of support I can offer in comparison with our email support center will be limited but you can reach them on 1530277100

Thanks
    Al

Hi Al,

Thanks  for your response. I'm sure she'll be happy to hear she won't be loosing her email address. I'll have to make sure all the settings are 100% correct.

Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi reps

Hi If a customer has moved to another service provider they can still use the @eircom.net email address (both via Outlook and the web based version here: There are no plans to cease previous customers email addresses but if left inactive (no emails sent) over a number of years it will be shut for inactivity.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Al,

Thanks  for your response. I'm sure she'll be happy to hear she won't be loosing her email address. I'll have to make sure all the settings are 100% correct.

Thanks again
    Thanks Becks14

I'm glad I could offer clarification on this for her,

Al

Advertisement