Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow typing

Options
  • 09-03-2015 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭

I often browse boards in work on an iPad. The main site as I can't stand the mobile version.

Typing posts on the iPad has recently become an exercise in frustration. Slow and screen update lags way behind input on the onscreen keyboard. Only an issue on boards and funnily enough is not an issue in the UPC section of boards.

Any fix for this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Are you sure it isn't a browser issue on your end? Perhaps downloading another browser to test it would eliminate it as a possibility...

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hi Calibos,
    As far as I am aware no one else has reported the same issue which would suggest that it may be a problem with your browser or device. Have you done as mike_ie has suggested and tried a different browser?

Clearing the cookies and cache on your current browser may also help but if neither of these make a difference, do let us know here.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I've had the same issue on both Chrome & Safari on my iPad since I installed the latest version of iOS. Chrome behaves just like Calibos described which is bad enough, Safari is even worse - I just don't bother with it any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I have had the same issue on my iPad. I've been using chrome browser when it is happening. I will try safari and see if that improves things.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

This is happening on Chrome. Haven't access to the iPad today so cant check Safari.

Its the UPC forum being fine that really confuses me. Is there different scripts running in the Customer interaction forums or something?

• Advertisement

I've done as suggested by Niamh. Cleared the cache and cookies. The issue still persists on both chrome and safari.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,632 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Calibos wrote: »
    Its the UPC forum being fine that really confuses me. Is there different scripts running in the Customer interaction forums or something?
    Yes, the Talk-To forums are entirely different front-ends

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Same here. Been happening for a few days now. IPad Air, running up to date ios. Browsing with chrome.

Had all of the above typed before it appeared on screen. And I'm a slow typerologist.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

I'm just moving this to Site Dev and will ask if someone can look into it asap. I presume you are all still experiencing the same issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Only periodically now.

• Advertisement

Yes Niamh, still having issues here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Since this is along similar lines...

I've had this leg for a while now on IE10 in the talk to forums. Typing away and next thing you know the cursor lags and I have to wait for it to catch up. But by the time it does, the lettering is jumbled. Very frustrating.

If I type slowly, there's no problem.

Multiple machines running win7/8.1.

Don't see the same problem in the main forums, only talk to...

EDIT: Just posted on the talk to today and it was painful. I had to type very slowly and I just noticed it's impossible to edit the thread title. When I click into the thread title box to edit, the cursor jumps back to the main text.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement