Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pending transaction duplicate

Options
  • 09-03-2015 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭

I booked flights on 3/03 on the air france website and paid with my visa debit.
    The payment was processed and I received one confirmation as I expected. However I have also got a duplicate pending transaction for the full amount (almost €2k!) and nobody I speak to seems to be able to do anything about removing it and releasing the funds.
    How long can these things be allowed on the account?
    When I call Air France the customer service assistant tells me that the bank have no right to block the money and that they can, under the terms of a Visamember letter from 2007, release the money back into my account. PTSB know nothing about this and say they think it will either be processed or drop off pending tomorrow (but yet again they won't commit to anything).
    So cheesed off with the run around and shoulder shrugging I'm getting, and it's a huge amount of money to be left in limbo like this.
    Does anyone have any advice or suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭username?!

Exact same happened to me last week with Etihad.

Bought flights for 1500, 2 days later 2 new transactions of 750 each for each seat arrived into my account. Rang customer service and got nowhere constantly told they were looking into it and no calls back.

4 days later my first transaction of 1500 disappeared and the two transactions for 750 remained.

So it might come back, but this is not acceptable in my eyes. I still have a complain opened with Etihad as I was left with no money for 4 solid days with hotel plans a trip down the country cancelled over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Well I'm still looking at the transactions this morning.
    I'm a week in and I ran out of available funds three days ago.
    Apparently the transactions will fall off my account by COB today. Not much use when I can't even buy a pint of milk this morning though.

Username!?, it appears to be identical to you scenario as above. They applied for the fares twice, same transaction references etc. I'm thinking of raising a complaint with Air France over the whole thing although I'm unsure what good it'll do.

Advertisement