Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contact Details For Bank Sevices from abroad.

Options
  • 09-03-2015 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭

Why is it so difficult to contact different parts of the bank from abroad. I have received a letter from one of your business units to which I would like to call and discuss its content but they have no international phone number listed or email address. I have searched your website an there is no listing for the unit in question

When I was last home in Ireland I instructed my Branch in person to change my address on all of my accounts to my current address abroad which they have failed to do, (this was my second or third time requesting this) so I am not getting some important letters or only getting copy's via Facebook when my relations open them.

Can you please post a listing of all your business units somewhere then I can try to talk to the person I need. or PM me and I will tell you the one I need.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

No6 wrote: »
    Why is it so difficult to contact different parts of the bank from abroad. I have received a letter from one of your business units to which I would like to call and discuss its content but they have no international phone number listed or email address. I have searched your website an there is no listing for the unit in question

When I was last home in Ireland I instructed my Branch in person to change my address on all of my accounts to my current address abroad which they have failed to do, (this was my second or third time requesting this) so I am not getting some important letters or only getting copy's via Facebook when my relations open them.

Can you please post a listing of all your business units somewhere then I can try to talk to the person I need. or PM me and I will tell you the one I need.
    Hi No6,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards, sorry to hear about the difficulties you have experienced.

If you would like to let me know what department you are trying to contact and I can certainly provide you with a phone number to call from abroad, you can send us a PM if you prefer.

Alternatively, you can find a list of contact details for our branches here and other useful contact numbers here.

In relation to your change of address request, these requests are usually processed within 3-5 working days from the time that we receive them.

More information on how to arrange for your address on your account to be updated can be found here including the relevant form.

If you like we can arrange a call back from your branch to look into this further for you, just include your full name, branch and contact number in the PM. 

Thanks

Nicola 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

Hi Nichola

I have looked at those numbers and the number i require is not there. I cannot PM you as you have it turn off, so perhaps you can PM me and I can then respond with the unit I need to talk to.

Have the bank changed the rules on changing address in the last few months as I was informed the request must be in writing, when the that was provided it wasn't accepted, when I actually turned up in person I was once again fobbed off. I managed to change the address on a lot of my accounts by doing it online recently but not all are changed despite my written and verbal instruction to my branch.

Thank you for the reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi Nichola

I have looked at those numbers and the number i require is not there. I cannot PM you as you have it turn off, so perhaps you can PM me and I can then respond with the unit I need to talk to.

Have the bank changed the rules on changing address in the last few months as I was informed the request must be in writing, when the that was provided it wasn't accepted, when I actually turned up in person I was once again fobbed off. I managed to change the address on a lot of my accounts by doing it online recently but not all are changed despite my written and verbal instruction to my branch.

Thank you for the reply.
    Hi No6,

Thanks for your reply.

If you can make sure that you have signatures set to display on your control panel settings on Boards. Then click on the link in my signature below to send in a PM to us.

Sorry to hear that you have experienced this difficulty in updating the address on some of your accounts. To clarify, this procedure has not changed recently.

For sole accounts, you can update your address online by receiving a security code to your mobile. However, with joint accounts, or if you are unable to receive the security code to your mobile, you would need to fill in a Change a Details form and provide this to your branch.
    You can call in to your branch with this form, or post this to your account holding branch. Apologies if this was not explained to you when you were in your branch. Should you need this form, please find it here.

If you would like to include your account holding branch, full name and contact number in your PM, we can certainly pass this on for a branch representative to investigate further.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

Hi Nichola

Thank you for the reply.
    Hi No6,

Thanks for your reply.

If you can make sure that you have signatures set to display on your control panel settings on Boards. Then click on the link in my signature below to send in a PM to us.

Sorry to hear that you have experienced this difficulty in updating the address on some of your accounts. To clarify, this procedure has not changed recently.

For sole accounts, you can update your address online by receiving a security code to your mobile. However, with joint accounts, or if you are unable to receive the security code to your mobile, you would need to fill in a Change a Details form and provide this to your branch.
    You can call in to your branch with this form, or post this to your account holding branch. Apologies if this was not explained to you when you were in your branch. Should you need this form, please find it here.

If you would like to include your account holding branch, full name and contact number in your PM, we can certainly pass this on for a branch representative to investigate further.

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi Sarah

I am sorry, while I have used Boards for more years than I care to remember I am not sure what you are talking about, all I can find in Signatures is a text box, what in the name of god am i supposed to do with that? Or are you looking for my name first or what?

If you read the title of my post I am actually abroad and therein lies the root of my problem, its difficult to call into the branch, its also difficult when you are given incorrect information or told you cannot do something and I know you cant give me an email for your complaints department as you don't accept emails, yes I have been through that one too but that is a different story.

However the main crux of my problem is I need to call one of your business units who's only number I have is a 1650 number, their direct number is not listed anywhere that I can find so what do I do to get through to them, call the complaints line?

It shouldn't be this difficult to contact a bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi No6,

Apologies for the confusion over the private message. I have sent you a private message now. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Advertisement
Advertisement