Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up a standing order

Options
  • 09-03-2015 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi,

When I was trying to set up a standing order using 365, I was asked to input the BIC and IBAN for it, no surprise there.

When I used your IBAN calculator, it made me input the branch name as well as sort code.
    The problem I have is that the account was held in your Whitehall branch which has since been closed, so was not on your list.

I had to call the person and ask them to call it out to me over the phone, which inconvenienced both of us. No surprise to see that the old Whitehall sort code was present in the IBAN. Pretty annoying!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi,

When I was trying to set up a standing order using 365, I was asked to input the BIC and IBAN for it, no surprise there.

When I used your IBAN calculator, it made me input the branch name as well as sort code.
    The problem I have is that the account was held in your Whitehall branch which has since been closed, so was not on your list.

I had to call the person and ask them to call it out to me over the phone, which inconvenienced both of us. No surprise to see that the old Whitehall sort code was present in the IBAN. Pretty annoying!
    Hi The Voice of reason,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

This can happen if the branch that an account was originally opened with has since been moved to a different branch. This would be the case with the Whitehall branch which was moved to our Collinstown Cross branch in 2013. 

The IBAN generated by the calculator is valid and should match what is displayed on the bank statement for that account. I will ensure that your feedback is passed on and please let me know if you need help with anything else.

Thanks

Nicola 

Advertisement