Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much should I charge?

Options
  • 09-03-2015 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

I'm a freelance make-up artist and don't really know how much to charge?

I've done some research and found people similar to me for in studio costs and at the client's location but I wonder do you always go by your competitors as such?

You can't really work out all your material costs as accurately or other services (liquids are OK but eye shadows and pencils are tricky) so then I'm going by my time and ensuring I'm in the same ball park as others like me. Is that right?

How often should you increase your prices too?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Candy_Girl

Depends on how much experience you have, do you have a good portfolio built up? if not you should offer your services at a discount rate until you build a customer base. Prices range widely depending on experience and what a customer wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭pipster

Candy_Girl wrote: »
    Depends on how much experience you have, do you have a good portfolio built up? if not you should offer your services at a discount rate until you build a customer base. Prices range widely depending on experience and what a customer wants.
    I have about 8 years’ experience with the last 4 years focusing on bridal. Where I’m struggling is I can find prices for those artists who have more than 10 years’ experience and do TV and fashion so I don’t know what to charge for me as I don’t do TV or anything but I’m good at what I do which is bridal.

Advertisement