Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Draft query.

Options
  • 09-03-2015 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I have sterling that I would like to have converetd to a bank draft. Total amount is £9000. Would this be a straight change or would I be impacted by the sell sterling rate??

I am concerned that I will loose some of the sterling amount if I change over. I am a Bank Of Ireland customer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

obrienm4 wrote: »
    I have sterling that I would like to have converetd to a bank draft. Total amount is £9000. Would this be a straight change or would I be impacted by the sell sterling rate??

I am concerned that I will loose some of the sterling amount if I change over. I am a Bank Of Ireland customer.
    Hi obrienm4,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

You can lodge the sterling amount to your account and this would be subject to the exchange rate on the day. The charges for international payments and foreign exchange are outlined here.

You can then purchase a domestic draft(for amounts of €500 or more); there is a charge of €2.40 for each draft on a personal current account held in the Republic of Ireland.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you need help with anything else.

Thanks

Nicola 

Advertisement