Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Death of Diesel Engines Finally A step Closer !

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Tea 1000 wrote: »
    I know the Passat has at least a 10 litre bigger tank than the IS, so I'd assume the A4 has the same...

A 70-litre tank seems to be fairly standard on biggish-to-big cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Dartz

Jesus. wrote: »
    Not performance wise for Motorway use. The torque and low revs make it so much more comfortable cruising at 75mph out on the Highway.

Everyday turbo'd petrol cars have only really starting coming on stream in the last few years in any great numbers. The majority of petrols on the roads are still NA and you have to cane the smaller ones to get anything out of them.

I know I'm in the minority when I say I like the drive of a diesel better (provided its not just tipping about town where they can be a bit rough).

Going from a 1.6 four banger to a 6 pot would make a difference though to be fair. At Motorway speeds, 1.6 NA petrols are louder than their turbo'd diesel counterparts. There's no comparison imo.

Depends on the engine. 2500rpm in a Megane Diesel in top at 120 is a bit uncomfortable. And it's utterly and completely gutless above about 80-100. It'll just about strangle to 160, but really doesn't like it.

Andthe fuel economy's a bit crap at anything about 80, too.

I drive a petrol and it's butter-smooth cruising at 4000, and barely humms. And gets better fuel economy cruising at...ahem...speed than the Megane does at the same speed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

Dartz wrote: »
    I drive a petrol and it's butter-smooth cruising at 4000, and barely humms.

I guess that's where the refinement comes into it.

What motor you got Dartz?

I guess that's where the refinement comes into it.

What motor you got Dartz?

1.3 Mazda.

And she's quiet at 4k? Fair play lad. I wish mine was like that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

fuel tank in a is250 is 65L I believe, no idea on fuel tanks on other marques. 65L is about right for most large ish saloons.

If you think the mazda is quiet you should drive a Lexus, the lack of noise is alarming. It takes some getting used to. Needless to say my next car will most likely be a Lexus too, the reliability and gadgetry is something you take for granted. I used to read about the Luxo barge LS400 and only recently have I understood what people were saying it being a total sleeper.

I would rather drive a nice car than fret about saving a few hundred euro on fuel a year.

And she's quiet at 4k? Fair play lad. I wish mine was like that :)

Just humms along. Hit a smooth patch of freshly laid tarmac and it's like driving glass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Dartz wrote: »
    Just humms along. Hit a smooth patch of freshly laid tarmac and it's like driving glass.

Smart man with your 1.3 ;)

I think Dartz is a bit of a wankel :P

Advertisement