Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wired alarm

Options
  • 09-03-2015 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

How much roughly would it cost to have my house fitted with a wired alarm, the house isn't pre-wired for an alarm, would I just be better off getting a wireless system installed? its a 3 bedroom terraced house. thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Thats really a very hard one to estimate without seeing the property. Get someone out to do a full survey . Wireless may be better or a combination of both may also suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Impossible to tell. It depends on a few factors. wired or wireless or both? monitoring ? do you want smoke/Heat and co2 detectors?
    If going for a system with an App id get a Risco (or other reliable sensor) Watch out detector placed out your back and have it send a push notification or text when the system is set without it triggering any sirens.. it will give you a heads up before they even get near your house.

if your budget allows, try and include some form of cctv connected to your mobile. it doesnt have to be anything fancy especially if they place the cameras in the right spots. This means you can check in on the house via your phone should your alarm or watch out detector activate.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 coltrain

yeah looks like I'll just have to get someone out to have a look, thanks for your help

Advertisement