Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

male childminder

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Egginacup wrote: »
    :confused:

In my primary school (2nd class - 6th class) there was only 1 female teacher out of 21 classes. In my secondary school there were only 3 females out of a staff of 22 teachers and one of them just taught useless shit (religion and civics) although we liked her.

Can't think of more male dominated than that.

In my primary school all bar two teachers were female. Id say there were about 20 teachers in total.
    But yeah in my secondary school the teachers were about 75% male I would say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

cena wrote: »
    Some people would see the male as a child predator?
    Of course that is the reason. It's strange how many apparently totally ignorant posters there are here. I suspect most are just feigning ignorance to try and appear to be smart/clever -which sadly backfires quite badly.

Imagine if the original question had been
    cena wrote: »
    Would you use a female minder. Even though they have all the courses etc. Would you be put off with a female minding your kids?

I really doubt the replies would have been along the lines of
    Not at all. There is a female working in my kids creche. Why would she be different to a male child minder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Baby Jane

It's not consensual if they are not of age to give it.
    In the eyes of the law yes, but a 15-year-old wanting to have sex with someone of, say, 30 (which obviously isn't ideal but it can happen) is not the same as that 30-year-old minding a child under 10 and sexually abusing them.
    I wouldn't like to be left alone with someone else's child truth be told. If I'm in a playground and other kids come up to me asking me to help them climb something, I tell them they'll have to get their own parents to help. If I'm out and my daughter needs the toilet, I'll use the disabled toilet if possible, and only bring her into the womens toilet if really necessary.

All it takes is one mouthbreather to make an accusation and your life is ruined and I'm not taking that chance.
    Oh I completely understand what you mean, but it's the attitude that supports the mouthbreathers that I'm talking about - men being wary of men minding children because of an increased risk in men being child abusers... even though they're men also and wouldn't abuse a child.

Advertisement